• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Streams Immoral Guild, Eternal Boys Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Nice, more fans for Futoku. Here's to a second season.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling Hidive would pick this up eventually since it’s apparently too spicy for CR apparently, which is funny to me since CR streamed Worlds end Harem and Harem labyrinth in another world.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I will definitely check out both.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:48 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice for Immoral Guild to be uncensored. Hopefully these licences include BD rights for Sentai.

Kiwi93 wrote:
I had a feeling Hidive would pick this up eventually since it’s apparently too spicy for CR apparently, which is funny to me since CR streamed Worlds end Harem and Harem labyrinth in another world.

I would love for HIDIVE to become the home for ecchi anime, especially if they stream it uncensored.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely loved Immoral Guild so this is good news. Funny though because I remember thinking it was licensed by Sentai but wasn't, lol
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
It would be nice for Immoral Guild to be uncensored. Hopefully these licences include BD rights for Sentai.

Kiwi93 wrote:

I would love for HIDIVE to become the home for ecchi anime, especially if they stream it uncensored.

Hidive does stream uncensored versions of anime’s so it’s possible they’ll stream both versions or add the uncensored version later.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why it took Eternal Boys so long to be picked up, it's not like it has anything weird in it
Moose In Boots

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely love Immoral Guild. Easily the funniest ecchi show I've seen since Ishuzoku Reviewers, that somehow manages to be incredibly lewd and yet cute/wholesome at the same time. Watching it censored loses much of its appeal though. I hope HIDIVE management realized as much and licensed the complete thing (For those who may not know, the BD version is even more uncensored than what's been available so far.)
crh1985

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I hope it gets a dub not because I like dubs but when I do something it is nice to have something to listen to that I can understand and know what is going on
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see ANN finally report on this.
Now if only one of the mods can get rid of the fake dub cast and stuff someone put on the show's encyclopedia page... Anime smile + sweatdrop

Moose In Boots wrote:
I absolutely love Immoral Guild. Easily the funniest ecchi show I've seen since Ishuzoku Reviewers, that somehow manages to be incredibly lewd and yet cute/wholesome at the same time. Watching it censored loses much of its appeal though. I hope HIDIVE management realized as much and licensed the complete thing (For those who may not know, the BD version is even more uncensored than what's been available so far.)

Even if HiDive gets to stream the uncut broadcast version, they'll almost certainly not be getting the Director's Cut version because:
A. It hasn't finished coming out yet in Japan.
B. I don't think Japan would allow it to be streamed anywhere, it's probably made to be a home video exclusive version.

So rather, let's all hope Sentai has a home video release on the way so we can all see the Director's Cut. Smile
Moose In Boots

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:31 pm Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:

Moose In Boots wrote:

Even if HiDive gets to stream the uncut broadcast version, they'll almost certainly not be getting the Director's Cut version because:
A. It hasn't finished coming out yet in Japan.
B. I don't think Japan would allow it to be streamed anywhere, it's probably made to be a home video exclusive version.

So rather, let's all hope Sentai has a home video release on the way so we can all see the Director's Cut. Smile

I'm fine with it being the uncensored broadcast version for the time being. It was good enough. If Sentai does license the BD eventually, they may still put it on HIDIVE as has happened in the past. I've seen "Home Video" specifically listed as one of the options on the version dropdown list there alongside "TV-MA".
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:51 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I wonder why it took Eternal Boys so long to be picked up, it's not like it has anything weird in it

My guess is that all-male shows like that aren't really getting views. Heck, even CR announced that they have "Play It Cool, Guys" 10 days after airing.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if this was every going to start streaming! Cool!
Blazi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Immoral Guild was hilarious. Here's the another season!
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Moose In Boots wrote:
I'm fine with it being the uncensored broadcast version for the time being. It was good enough. If Sentai does license the BD eventually, they may still put it on HIDIVE as has happened in the past. I've seen "Home Video" specifically listed as one of the options on the version dropdown list there alongside "TV-MA".

Sentai released the uncensored bluray of Peter Grill, and yet it never streamed on Hidive. All they streamed was a "less censored" version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2