• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Capcom Is Now Developing Dragon's Dogma 2 Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I’ll believe it when I see footage of the game and a solid release date.

Also less shallow and less linear story that’s also not depressing please.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Cool! I hope it turns out well!
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Thank you 2020 Capcom leaks, as much as it sucks that it happened, it gave away useful details. Between this and Street Fighter 6 being on PS4 (and Xbox One before it got scrapped for Series X/S only), all that's left for me is the big budget Mega Man game that certain reliable insiders keep hinting on Twitter and with it's 35th Anniversary in December, it's probably getting announced then like 11 did in 2017.

I wish I could get into Dragon's Dogma considering it's a Itsuno game but with the first/last time I played Dark Arisen 4 years ago, it bored me like Okami did so I haven't touched it since. Good for everyone else though, been a long time coming since the PS360 gen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:40 am Reply with quote
In this world where there are literally 10000 shit games released on steam every year, where smartphone "gaming" has pretty much killed handhelds and chinese gatcha bling bling "Your gametime is empty, refill now!" rakes in the most profits possible, some Japanese game developers still stay true to their vision and make what they want to play and what, most importantly, is fun, without hyping and shilling preorders 1 year before there's even any announcement or gameplay footage. It's so refreshing.
Gilarack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:02 am Reply with quote
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRYING INTO FREEEEEEEEEE!!1!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:19 pm Reply with quote
510 wrote:
In this world where there are literally 10000 shit games released on steam

Gonna need a citation on that

510 wrote:
every year, where smartphone "gaming" has pretty much killed handheld gaming

We’re still making this argument?

The handheld gaming landscape has changed since the 1990’s and early 00’s but Phones had little to do with that (arguably in Japan maybe). Especially as the early generation of phone games were ass.

510 wrote:
and chinese gatcha bling bling "Your gametime is empty, refill now!" rakes in the most profits possible, some Japanese game developers still stay true to their vision and make what they want to play and what, most importantly, is fun, without hyping and shilling preorders 1 year before there's even any announcement or gameplay footage. It's so refreshing.

You gleaned all this from the announcement of a sequel to a game that was released all the way back in 2012 that fans wanted years ago but Capcom danced around repeatedly in that same timeframe?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1