• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Switch Console Crosses 92.87 Million in Sales

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty confident that the Switch will manage to sell over 100 million units by next year, though not so sure if it can sell above what the PS4 did with the chip shortages that the industry is facing right now.
In terms of software sales, Nintendo's first-party titles seem to have been selling better on Switch than even the DS, that's amazing.
With the amount of Switches sold it's kind of interesting that, despite having more third-party support than previous Nintendo home-consoles (I know the Switch is a hybrid but I see it as a successor to their home console systems), the only major third-parties that have published games that sold over the 1 million range have been Capcom with MH: Rise at 7 million and Konami with Momotaro Dentetsu at 3 million. Though some companies have found some success, some times it seems like they're not taking advantage of the Switch's popularity, companies like SEGA and Bandai Namco are kind of losing the Japanese market, however in the West some companies that haven't worked with Nintendo in years are now giving them a lot of support.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1