• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Taco Bell "Fry Force" anime commercial

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Taco Bell put up on the Olympic Opening Ceremonies their new anime commercial for their spicy fries. Called Fry Force.

Kaiju, transforming mecha, sentai teams and other stuff. Quite a bit of anime stuff in there.

Pretty active commercial on NBC during Olympic viewing. Seemed to have an extended version on today.

I liked it, have you all seen it.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I've heard about it, but have not actually seen it yet myself. I suppose a quick detour to youtube could solve that problem .
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I'd heard about it for a few days before seeing it, but I was not expecting it to go that hard. Honestly I think it manages to cross the line between "company superficially apes 'anime style' for an ad campaign" and something almost...authentic? Or at least that was my gut reaction until I remembered that it was shilling nacho fries. Laughing
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:50 am Reply with quote
I don't really have a problem with this. I kind of liked it. I hope Taco Bell continues this because they've done really well here. I also think that a Japanese person would like this if he or she saw this.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:07 am Reply with quote
I actually want to see a real anime of this, just to see the actual battle between her and her turned friend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1