• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
VRV Hidive Subtitle Issues

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Ever since I started subscribing to VRV last year I've been having this annoying problem with the English subtitles on their Hidive channel. If I try watching HiDive's anime via the VRV Roku app on my TV, the English subtitles will show up twice and will sometimes take up the whole screen and it becomes impossible to watch anything subbed. I can watch the subtitled anime fine on my computer but if I want to watch it on my TV, this error keeps showing up on every title. I don't have this problem with Crunchyroll's subs on VRV because they have their own hard sub font. It's only an issue with HiDive and their closed caption style subs. I've tried emailing them months ago about this issue and VRV said they were working on it but it's been months and it's still not fixed and they haven't made any updates on their progress on fixing it. If I try to contact Hidive about it, they say they can't do anything about VRV's app and to contact them instead. I can watch shows subbed fine on my computer but it's frustrating when a feature I'm paying for doesn't work and there's no updates or little communication from the streaming service that any progress is being made to fix it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1