• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Split & name change: Kanon Obata

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:19 am Reply with quote
Kanon Obata
person#188512

Now goes under the name Kanon Amane
https://www.aoni.co.jp/search/amane-kanon.html

Also, needs to be split from all those staff positions.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:54 pm Reply with quote
This one seems a little complicated. While she apparently was introduced as "Kanon Obata" at the time of the original cast announcement for Sacks&Guns!!, she was using Kanon Amane by the time she appeared in any credits and doesn't look like she was ever actually officially credited as "Obata". Also the production assistant has a rather ambiguous kanji given name (翔夢) so I'm not really sure if they are actually "Kanon". If anyone has access to FUNi's English ending credits for Conception (and if the credits even actually list them), it would help to know how their name is translated there.

Since there are news articles for the seiyuu Obata, I am going to go ahead and split and merge despite her not having credits, so they will link to the right person. I can merge the production assistant Obata later if it turns out "Kanon" is not the correct given name reading for them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1