• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT?] Hentai shown on US National TV??

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:50 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah I must say I think that your right, well you know the OC is normally know for it's edgy material. I know that often times the same show will air on the TV when it's during the show, but a hentai title....fox playing a little joke or what?
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:24 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Yeah I must say I think that your right, well you know the OC is normally know for it's edgy material. I know that often times the same show will air on the TV when it's during the show, but a hentai title....fox playing a little joke or what?

Well, thast the last thing I would wanna watch with the GF. "Yeah, let's say you and me spoiler[watch a slavegirl in meido uniform get chased by a buncha Dobermans, and then see her pantsu get ripped off and licked by a dog.] Wanna **** afterwards?

Still, even if they didn't show the naughty bits, kida risky IMHO.
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quote
I wonder is this good or bad publictyfor anime? I also want to know out of all the things they could have used to fill the screen they used anime...I am very surprised...in a good way.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
I wonder is this good or bad publictyfor anime? I also want to know out of all the things they could have used to fill the screen they used anime...I am very surprised...in a good way.

Maybe the license was cheap?
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:39 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
omar235 wrote:

True...it's sad when you have to grab a hentai title just to fill the screen of a tv in the background of a tv show. Very Happy I guess they didn't think anyone would notice...good eye Abarenbo Shogun...though I still can't tell whats happening in the third image? Could it be the dog scene you mentioned cause I can't really make out a dog in that, maybe if I look at it in a diffrent angle.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:22 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

After seeing that episode of Cool Devices, that's definitely it (I believe it's part 2 of it)! I find that fairly amusing though. Laughing
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:38 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
...though I still can't tell whats happening in the third image? Could it be the dog scene you mentioned cause I can't really make out a dog in that, maybe if I look at it in a diffrent angle.

spoiler[I think it's before the Dobermans begin to rip her clothing off after they cornered her against a tree.]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

As to any other fox show? Or perhaps they wanted something that was graphic and didn't want the audience to know what it was.....too bad for FOX that the ANN is on the case.

Delta

P.S. BTW people are still watching OC?
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh WOW!!!!, thats freaking awesome, dang, its times like these that makes me wish i watched the OC...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
That was Cool Devices alright. I wonder if the actors knew it was hentai?
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Im pretty sure they did, in fact the actors probably watch hentai together on their past-time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
RezSav

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
The OC is still airing new episodes? I say we make a big stink out of it, maybe then that'll get the "OC" to stop it with this Anime fixation the writers/producer/director seems to have.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
this reminds me when i used to watch everwood for references of anime and manga from its resident anime fan ephiram.
camelot187757

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:

It's not publicity at all, IMO. If anything it's just an easter egg-type thing that the producers (or maybe even the director) added in. And I have to cosign on whoever said that it'd be easy enough to get a sample/royalty/license cleared (whatever the terminology is for tv). It probably costed Fox about $7...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3