• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Satoko and Nada Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaskOfBrutality

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I know they say don't judge a book by it's cover but that art is rather off putting to me.

It's an... interesting premise if nothing else. Not something I'm personally interested in but glad more variety is coming out for those that want it.

Ends a week of announcements from Seven Seas that has disappointed me greatly, not one license I'm looking forward to but you can't win em all and they've knocked it out the park more times than not prior to this so I cannot complain.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Self Deletion Of The Comment.

Last edited by HoboSoup on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Xe4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:17 pm Reply with quote
MaskOfBrutality wrote:
I know they say don't judge a book by it's cover but that art is rather off putting to me.

It's an... interesting premise if nothing else. Not something I'm personally interested in but glad more variety is coming out for those that want it.

Ends a week of announcements from Seven Seas that has disappointed me greatly, not one license I'm looking forward to but you can't win em all and they've knocked it out the park more times than not prior to this so I cannot complain.

Strange I'm actually interested in the work because of the cover. Most manga art bores me an interesting art style is one thing to draw me in. Hopefully the cover is indicative of the work inside.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:02 am Reply with quote
As Muslims, we are not allowed to be friends with non-Muslims. Realistically, no Muslim would want to be friends with non-Muslims because Allah told us in the Quran that the one who befriends them is one of them.
Basheer33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:00 am Reply with quote
@NearEasternerJ1 OMG man you're spreading a really wrong information about Islam (i'm a muslim) and i have a lot of friends who are not muslims and i don't have any problem
Take my advice here
You must study and get more knowledge before you spread any information otherwise your information is wrong.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 am Reply with quote
There have been plenty of manga/anime that utilize Judeo-Christian elements, be it in a serious, profane, or funny manner. Looks like Islam is long overdue for some more representation. Going by her name, Mari Nishimoto sounds like she might be a Japanese Muslim. If that's the case, a Japanese Muslim mindset will be somewhat different than a native Saudi Muslim mindset.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Brother Basheer, it is not allowed to be friends with non-Muslims because Allah says it's haram in Quran 3:28, 5:51 and 60:1 and the Tafsir of Ibn Kathir, may Allah have mercy on him explains that it is a major sin to befriend non-Muslims.

I'm sure the non-Muslims don't know about the theology of Islam and would be like, "That's hateful!" but think about it. You don't worship Allah the way He alone deserves to be worshipped. You deny Him and you are ungrateful. In Islam, it is obligatory to hate what Allah hates and love what Allah loves. Allah does not love non-Muslims and so we cannot, but unlike the extremists, we do not cut ourselves from non-Muslim family or non-Muslim society per say. We cannot use our hatred to harm people. Besides, how many people hate people for not having the same political views? People hate each other over falsehood.

Anyways, this manga is haram and the income made from this is haram because it is haram to tell lies/promote major sin. Muslims are not allowed to befriend non-Muslims and no two scholars with worth differ about that.

There are some Japanese reverts to Islam, but Japan is very apathetic and disrespectful towards religion. They mock and depict Jesus, peace be upon him.
Basheer33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:19 pm Reply with quote
@NearEsternerJ1
PM Sent.
also this is not a place to talk about religion stuff and if you think that Manga/Anime is forbidden (which in my opinion is NOT and a there is a tons of Muslim who reads manga and watch anime) just Don't read it/Watch it.
please starting from this post if you're going to try to force your opinion on me PLEASE DON'T and just to let you know i'm a religious guy who knows his stuff and i have a lot more to say but i won't continue with this conversation because like i said this is not the right place.
Peace my brother.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:26 am Reply with quote
This sounds adorable. I'm always up for manga about female friendship!
NisaRF

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:30 pm Reply with quote
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
As Muslims, we are not allowed to be friends with non-Muslims. Realistically, no Muslim would want to be friends with non-Muslims because Allah told us in the Quran that the one who befriends them is one of them.

NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
Brother Basheer, it is not allowed to be friends with non-Muslims because Allah says it's haram in Quran 3:28, 5:51 and 60:1 and the Tafsir of Ibn Kathir, may Allah have mercy on him explains that it is a major sin to befriend non-Muslims.

I'm sure the non-Muslims don't know about the theology of Islam and would be like, "That's hateful!" but think about it. You don't worship Allah the way He alone deserves to be worshipped. You deny Him and you are ungrateful. In Islam, it is obligatory to hate what Allah hates and love what Allah loves. Allah does not love non-Muslims and so we cannot, but unlike the extremists, we do not cut ourselves from non-Muslim family or non-Muslim society per say. We cannot use our hatred to harm people. Besides, how many people hate people for not having the same political views? People hate each other over falsehood.

Anyways, this manga is haram and the income made from this is haram because it is haram to tell lies/promote major sin. Muslims are not allowed to befriend non-Muslims and no two scholars with worth differ about that.

There are some Japanese reverts to Islam, but Japan is very apathetic and disrespectful towards religion. They mock and depict Jesus, peace be upon him.

Ironically, sounds like yourself misinterpreted & misunderstand what is really written in the Al - Qur'an itself. Here's my advice : please read Al - Qur'an again over & over to understand it thoroughly & not just cling into some verse as you just did, read it carefully with more understanding. Each verse connected to each other & have its own context, people can easily misunderstand even the scholars themselves.

And didn't Islam teach you to be careful with your words? Because your words itself just full of hatred & keep sending misleading, judgemental information. It's because someone like you, Islam is wrongfully accused & misunderstood worldwide. And that's makes this kind of manga to be needed more than ever.

Please don't spread that kind of shallow "understanding" about Islam or moreover, about Allah Himself. Islam spread peace, not hatred like what you just did. Hopefully this conversation ends here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1