• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Osaka-based Voice Actor School in Court for Noise Complaints

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsune_Kun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:52 pm Reply with quote
"claiming that the noise has infringed on their rights to live a peaceful life."

Why do they need to go to court over this? Can't they just settle this with Killer Queen?
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I read that as "Otaku based voice actor school"...
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Why not just go for a walk or maybe just put on some headphones and listen to music when they're doing vocal practice? Anyhow, this bothers them more than living next to a noisy train station?

On the flipside of things the company could always just sound-proof the vocal practice room. (And be sure to make an extra large amount of construction noise while doing it) Twisted Evil
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Why not just go for a walk or maybe just put on some headphones and listen to music when they're doing vocal practice? Anyhow, this bothers them more than living next to a noisy train station?

On the flipside of things the company could always just sound-proof the vocal practice room. (And be sure to make an extra large amount of construction noise while doing it) Twisted Evil

Because exterior walls in apartment buildings do a much better job at blocking out outside sounds than internal walls do at blocking out the noise your neighbors make.

A great example, my sixth floor apartment in Matsugaya (think area between Iriya, Asakusa and Ueno) can block out the sounds of the traffic along Kapabasshi-dori, but for some reason all the renovation of the apartment on the third floor might as well be going on inside my own. I can hear the drunk smacking around his wife at 9pm on the 8th floor but not the school chimes at 5pm across the street. Sound proofing is crap!

What amazes me is how registered companies can be permitted to work out of a residential apartment like this. I get some people have a small home business, but there's a lot of difference between Kumo's home tax biz where he might have a husband and wife having some accounting work done, opposed to four whole apartment units hosting a dozen plus people at the same time.

Don't hold yer breath on the building management allowing the VA school to soundproof the walls; that's about as likely as my apartment manager allowing me to remodeling my 1K.
Togame

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

A person who has never been in a similar situation (noisy organization in a residential building) may never understand. Yeah, just put on headphones. Every day. At the same time. Get out of here with this crap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1