• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Disgaea Vol.1 DVD

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guardian26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Just watched a trailer for the new Disgaea Vol.1 DVD that is due for release on Jan.9th, and it looks ^%$ing amazing! I've seen most of the episodes in the series, but I know that there are a handful I've missed. Look forward to starting from scratch, and experiencing the whole thing over again! You can watch the trailer here: http://blip.tv/file/116571/
Do any Disgaea fans out there know if the Disgaea DVD will have an English voice over track, or only english subtitles?
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:58 am Reply with quote
I checked the dubbed trailer that came with Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories -and it seemed all the characters except Etna and Gordon had the same voice they had in the first game.

Despite loving the first game, the trailer didn't quite pique my interest to get the anime right away.

Last edited by Raven Shinobi on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quote
If you are talking about the R1 release, then yes, there should be an English language dub track. Geneon rarely releases things without a dub and considering the preview for Disgaea I saw on one of their DVDs was dubbed, I severely doubt they would release this without a dub.

Apparently, there will also be an art box LE release of Volume 1, so get your preorder in on a reputable online site if you want one. (Brick and mortar stores are iffy when hunting for art boxes.)
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:28 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Apparently, there will also be an art box LE release of Volume 1, so get your preorder in on a reputable online site if you want one.

There was going to be one originally but it was canceled. Instead the artbox will be coming with the last volume.

Anyway, this is a series that I'm definitely getting but not something I'm particularly excited about due to what I've heard is a mediocre show at best. I'm getting it mainly to collect since I'm a fan of the games, mainly for the fun and quirky characters.
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:27 am Reply with quote
SnowfairyX wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
Apparently, there will also be an art box LE release of Volume 1, so get your preorder in on a reputable online site if you want one.

There was going to be one originally but it was canceled. Instead the artbox will be coming with the last volume.

Anyway, this is a series that I'm definitely getting but not something I'm particularly excited about due to what I've heard is a mediocre show at best. I'm getting it mainly to collect since I'm a fan of the games, mainly for the fun and quirky characters.

Actually I thought the show was one of the best RPG-based anime programs I've seen. (It was #3 on my list of top anime of 2006, behind Host Club & Haruhi). Also having the person who played Naota voice Laharl was a smart move. It almost matches with the Japanese seiyuu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1