• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: All Out!! Rugby Anime Inspires 3 New Figures

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavmintrose

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
The big question is, if you don't like sports, is this show worth watching just for the butts?

Because those are some great butts.

The second one looks gorgeous all around.
The third ones's face though. Ehhh.

. . . can they make figures like this of guys from non-sports shows? Like pretty boys from action shows? There are those two K ones from the same maker as these, with the beautiful effects but their faces and hair didn't look so great. (Misaki's legs though <3). They also did Seraph but... same. The middle one here looks a bit improved on that part, though.
But someone needs to do Kuroh from K and make his face and hair perfect.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Whoa... Shocked It looks as if Masaru had a psychotic episode from losing a match...
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... so I guess this show is definitely going to be for fujoshi. I'm curious if there will be anything else there for me to enjoy though. I love rugby, so I am still mildly interested.
Shouta_3

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I think it would have a great story
but still... these butts are so damn hot!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
lavmintrose wrote:
The big question is, if you don't like sports, is this show worth watching just for the butts?

Because those are some great butts.

I'm sure 55% of the intended audience watch sports anime for the butts. Most uniforms leave enough for the imagination. Wink

Quite rare to see figures get that sculpted look; I love the roughness of the hair and the S curve of their posture. Really digging the second character (the blonde); I hope his personality matches his sweet demeanor. Number three looks like Dio delightfully ripping off someone's face...IOW he's going to be the fan favorite. -__-
Fenrin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:22 am Reply with quote
Hoooh my god, I almost died laughing at the last one, that face is so disturbing Laughing

Wait, THAT'S the protagonist? The shy character for once? I love this even more.
I predict many doujinshi with him in the future lol
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
All Out!! Rugby Anime Inspires 3 New Figures

But if you let it "all out" during a sporting game of rugby, the lack of protection will soon give you something to dearly regret.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VoidWitch

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:11 am Reply with quote
Masaru's face... I can't... He looks like Jeff the Killer xD
LightYapper

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:15 am Reply with quote
The 3rd guy there looks like he's there attempting to gain the most popularity with his jerk look, like Yowapeda's Arakita. And...what's with their bodies, especially that big butt? Confused
pauladls

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:44 am Reply with quote
The look weird Confused
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:27 am Reply with quote
Goddamn they all look so ugly.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:40 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Hmm... so I guess this show is definitely going to be for fujoshi. I'm curious if there will be anything else there for me to enjoy though. I love rugby, so I am still mildly interested.

I don't see any dudes kissing or groping all up on each other, so I'm failing to see how they're definitely going for BL fans/fujoshi. More like they're aiming at people who appreciate the male form or just female otaku in general.

I'm probably gunna put money down on the blond. He looks pretty good.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
I don't see any dudes kissing or groping all up on each other, so I'm failing to see how they're definitely going for BL fans/fujoshi. More like they're aiming at people who appreciate the male form or just female otaku in general.

I'm probably gunna put money down on the blond. He looks pretty good.

Whether or not they made it for fujoshi is irrelevant, they'll still be all over it. That main character legit looks like he's drawn in the style of a BL mangaka I know, I just can't put my finger on it.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

It being explicit isn't necessary. A big part of that fandom is doujinshi and imagining what otherwise doesn't occur in canon. I would consider fujoshi to be female otaku who appreciate the male form more than most people and this is giving them plenty of bait. Anyway, I didn't mean that as a bad thing. It's no different than shows targeting any other segment of the community. Don't feel like you have to defend yourself.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
The anime isn't even out yet, it's going all out a bit early.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2