• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest Opening Movie Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
After all the controversy, rumors and censorship announcements, I do wonder if the popularity of the game's localization will receive a positive boost or storm of negativity. Hard to tell at this point.
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Wonder about the sales as well. Times have changed from Awakening and they are looking to try everything from Awakening & extended it further. Such as an even easier mode, more fanservice, etc. Will it be a hit or miss? Especially if NoA decides to change thing further. There are still some things I'm wondering about if they would change or not.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
After all the controversy, rumors and censorship announcements, I do wonder if the popularity of the game's localization will receive a positive boost or storm of negativity. Hard to tell at this point.

people will bitch and complain but in the end there'll be far more buyers than naysayers.

i mean id love to give nintendo i piece of my mind for their horrendous planning on selling their special edition version of fates especially in canada. I mean they give literally no warning of how much stock they have, when it'll be available and for how long. fortunately i anticipated this and made an extra order on the american site but i have to pay more than half the total price in various import taxes and regular taxes. and before i actually get the damn thing im sure my canadian government is gonna tax me on it as well.

but sadly i love the franchise and while paying through the nose for it isn't at all pleasant its sadly the only way to get the version i want.

i am hoping that such an inconvenient situation wont arise again in the future... but this is an industry focused on bleeding you dry so im not expecting much

Last edited by Calsolum on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
^Pretty much. Whether Nintendo takes out the petting minigame or not, or changes the "drugging" scene, this game is still going to sell pretty well. I doubt anybody who preordered the special edition is going to cancel it now. There's only a small number of people who are going to boycott the game entirely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1