• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Kicks Off 20th Anniversary with Live-Action Super Bowl Ad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I bought the dvd long ago with all 3 movies but I don't know what happened to it...Thanks to Viz Media for re-releasing it again! first 3 movies were my all time favorites!!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:19 am Reply with quote
Pokemon is pretty much what keeps 3DS afloat in America
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
I bought the dvd long ago with all 3 movies but I don't know what happened to it...Thanks to Viz Media for re-releasing it again! first 3 movies were my all time favorites!!

I wish we could get the Japanese track for Mewtwo Strikes Back a release. I know there's no demand for it, but there is a pretty big difference, such as the dub missing the moral entirely, and the better Japanese music. I would buy that on Blu-Ray.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MadHi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:16 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Shirohae wrote:

I wish we could get the Japanese track for Mewtwo Strikes Back a release. I know there's no demand for it, but there is a pretty big difference, such as the dub missing the moral entirely, and the better Japanese music. I would buy that on Blu-Ray.

A redub for the 2nd half of the movie would be nice. But with regards to the soundtrack, with the exception of 'My Brother' and the ending songs they chose, I personally prefer the American version.

And the Mewtwo origin short should be added back into the movie and not as a separate segment for Mewtwo Returns.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm amazed that there's going to be a "Pokemon" Super Bowl ad. What are they going to do,have the Pokemon play a game of (American) football? One team of pokemon against another team of pokemon? Actually,I think that could work. Just one thing. Does anyone think that Nintendo of America will go for it?
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
MadHi wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

A redub for the 2nd half of the movie would be nice. But with regards to the soundtrack, with the exception of 'My Brother' and the ending songs they chose, I personally prefer the American version.

And the Mewtwo origin short should be added back into the movie and not as a separate segment for Mewtwo Returns.

I do love the song "Brother My Brother," but it's incredibly inappropriate for where it's played. The original Japanese music, with it's ominous tone, fits so much better.

That being said, with the SECOND movie, not only did they change the moral/theme of the movie, they completely reversed it!

Japanese version: Everyone lives in their own world. Only by learning to let our worlds coexist in harmony can we achieve true peace. Everyone has to work together and give their all.

English version: One person can make a difference. Oh, and if your name is in a prophecy, you, and ONLY you, can save the world.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1