• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Goro Taniguchi Launches 1st Manga Series ĀTRAIL

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quote
Sounds Interesting..I will check it out!
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:05 am Reply with quote
As a follower of Taniguchi, I must read it. Also, plenty of Taniguchi news before his birthday on the 18th of October.

What the article says:

"Code Geass original story writer and director Goro Taniguchi launched his first manga project titled ĀTRAIL -Nisekawi-teki Nichijō to Senmetsu Element on the ComicWalker and Niconico websites on Monday. Manga artist Akihiko Higuchi (Loups-Garous manga) is drawing the series, and Taniguchi is writing the scripts."

What Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya says:

"The January issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Thursday that Tomomasa Takuma (Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally, Kurogane Communication) is drawing a manga that is tentatively titled Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya (Code Geass: Jet-Black Renya or Code Geass: Renya of the Blackness) next year. Goro Taniguchi, the director and story co-creator of the original Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion television anime series, created the new manga's story concepts and is scripting the story. This is the first manga that Taniguchi is directly scripting himself."

Wouldn't ATRAIL be Taniguchi's 2nd manga then?
Monke Danana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:06 am Reply with quote
Inaho?
jroa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:01 am Reply with quote
Monke Danana wrote:
Inaho?

Thankfully no.

Based on the first chapter, Iori can show emotions like a normal person and not some sort of autistic genius. Which means that he is already avoiding one of the character traits that made Inaho come across as too distant and almost inhuman.

KH91 wrote:

The key difference is ATRAIL doesn't have any connections to an existing anime project, while Renya was at least technically a spin-off of Code Geass even though it was quite different from the main show. That means this is his first original manga.

Either way, I think ATRAIL seems a lot easier to follow than Renya so far. The mechanical designs of the invading ships are nice too. Character designs aren't particularly special, but they're not offensive or anything either.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
If I could meet Taniguchi, I would ask if there was ever plans for Kallen/Lelouch ending up together at the end.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Technically, yes, they just didn't think to specify ATRAIL as his 1st original manga series. Most of us knew what they meant though.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:50 pm Reply with quote
lol I was just asking just to ask. Still good for people who did not know to know this. Thanks for the responses.

Kadmos1 wrote:
If I could meet Taniguchi, I would ask if there was ever plans for Kallen/Lelouch ending up together at the end.

As a Lelouch x Kallen shipper, considering the plot changes around R2's development that was noticeable around the middle of it(which one of the producers acknowledge) compared to the 1st 10 episodes, I believe spoiler[Lelouch x Kallen was one of the original plot points that remained in the story, but they couldn't be together at the end because Lelouch's death was planned from the beginning. Remember around episode 8 when Lelouch was going to inject himself refrain and he was about to kiss Kallen? I believe it was Taniguchi(or the other co-director) that confirmed had Kallen let Lelouch kiss her, they would not be virgins the next morning. Another thing was that had Lelouch not deny her after their kiss, she would have followed him to hell. So I think it was possible for them to end up together, but not at the end. Now she's most likely going to end up with that bastard Gino. lol]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1