• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: Koro-sensei Would Be the Best Villainous Friend

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jppcouto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:14 pm Reply with quote
i'm surprised! how a disturbed loner serial killer guy like Scar almost won this contest.
I love this character but guys he isn't a friendly dude, trust me.

Last edited by jppcouto on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Justaway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Really not sure how Koro-sensei counts as "villainous" but sure, whatever.
bassgs435

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Justaway wrote:

Keep in mind that he blew up the moon, and is threatening to do the same to Earth unless his stundents can kll him before the deadline.
He might be a great friendly teacher. But that doesn't make his planned genocide more excusable or less evil
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
The whole concept of the original poll confused me. Who would want people like Frieza or Dio Brando as friends? You probably wouldn't end up much better off than their minions. The only reasonable answer seems to be reformed villains or good characters put into bad circumstances, like Char or Fate, but even that feels like a loophole.
Schierke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
How is Nagisa Kaworu villainous??? He's the exact opposite Mad
Blue21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Makes more sense than the Japanese choices, I'll give it that. Well, except for the fact that Dio and Vicious also made it to the top 20.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Justaway wrote:

He's threatening to blow up the Earth and basically wipe out humanity, and he actually did blow up the moon. That's pretty villainous. While he's a really nice guy, his actions have gone far beyond what most other villains are capable of.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Koro-Sensei is like having a friend that is also the CEO of a repo firm, and you owe it money: he will take you to hang-out a bit, but he will still take your car if you don't pay.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:55 pm Reply with quote
My choice, if I had a gun to my head and had to make one, was Benten; friendly enough in person, but she did eat the protagonist's dad.
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Koro-Senseis not that villainous trust me]

I'm wondering how Gilgamesh made it so high he just has a**hole written all over him.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I find it interesting that Mr. 2 from One Piece is referred to as Bentham, his real name. Has it overtaken "Mr. 2" in referring to him?

I can't see the value in being a friend to Donquixote Doflamingo, however. He is a straight-up villain.
TheTsunami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:19 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I find it interesting that Mr. 2 from One Piece is referred to as Bentham, his real name. Has it overtaken "Mr. 2" in referring to him?

I can't see the value in being a friend to Donquixote Doflamingo, however. He is a straight-up villain.

If you are part of his 'family', he will fight to the death for you (or kill anyone who happened to laugh at you). While he is no doubt a seriously messed up man, he is extremely loyal to those closest to him.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I love to be friend with Accelerator (#2) because he is invulnerable to any type of attacks except from Touma the Imagine Breaker (protagonist of To Aru series) and he has the power to control anything around him (be it gravity, heat, sound, or even magic).
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
TheTsunami wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:

If you are part of his 'family', he will fight to the death for you (or kill anyone who happened to laugh at you). While he is no doubt a seriously messed up man, he is extremely loyal to those closest to him.

Although it's been implied in recent chapters that spoiler[he doesn't really feel that way, he's only deluded the rest of the family into thinking that they're on the same level to use them. He treats his family the same way Gilgamesh treats his treasures; once they've lost their value he discards them like Corazon.]

Something to keep in mind about this list is that for the most part if you're on such a level that these villains will regard you as a friend they'll probably treat you well. They might kill a minion on a whim, but a friend? Probably not so much. Of course this also probably means you're quite the tyrant yourself.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:21 am Reply with quote
Don't forget about what he did to spoiler[Bellamy, who was incredibly loyal to him. He was given a second chance that was really an impossible goal for him, and Dellinger was sent to kill him regardless of what happened. When Dellinger failed to kill him, Doflamingo then took direct control of Bellamy's movements and used him to fight Luffy to the death.]

spoiler[Trafalgar Law is also technically a part of his family, with Doflamigo offering the Heart Seat, but Doflamingo has repeatedly tried to incapacitate him to varying degrees and only has Law there to sacrifice himself to provide Doflamingo with immortality.]

spoiler[And then there is the last phase of the Birdcage, where the razor strings close in towards the center. His own knocked-out officers would have been in their path too.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2