• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: DMM's 'Cold-Weather Girls' Browser Game is Real

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArisaP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
Just to note, Google autotranslates Kanpani to (in) cold weather (寒波に), when it actually means company, since the game has a company theme (girls are called employees, your title is president, girls can be recruited for free daily by selecting resumes, etc). No language jokes on cold weather here since the game has no references to that. The game's been around for half a year now. It's one of those F2P games that aren't very reliant on paying anything so I'm quite interested in it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:24 am Reply with quote
Yeah this game has been around for a good while now.

I played a bit but it's just so frustrating that you have absolutely no control over the strategy of the battles. It seems that the AI is willingly going for the absolutely hardest way to win a fight. There was one time where I was doing a dungeon or its equivalent where I had whittled down a strong enemy force to just a healer and an extremely armored lancer. For over 99 turns (the game doesn't keep track after 99 for some reason) my troops would attack the lancer bringing it down to half health or so and then the healer would heal it back up to full health. Rinse, wash, repeat. The battle would have been easily won had my archer and mage attacked the healer, but nope. Always the lancer. Ended up having to retreat from the fight (and thus the entire dungeon). Never played again after that. I did enjoy the voice acting (for what little there is of it). And I did like that it never once pushed any ads in my face or asked me if I wanted to spend DMM points (bought with real money) to buy in game items or currency. Of the non-Kancolle games I've played on DMM, it's much better than Walkure or that Flower Girl RPG game in that respect.
ArisaP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:46 am Reply with quote
Your strategy actually depends on whoever you set as a leader and their position in your formation, and every girl has their own set. I usually change leaders to suit the map (like targeting healers first or mages, or the one with the highest health if I want to AoE everything).

There are also president powers that can break you out of that deadlock, like boosting your attack greatly for two turns and such.

Also I actually do like Flower Knight Girl since it's really easy to gather the gacha item due to the frequent giveaways, and the twice-monthly events can easily net you a powerful new girl for your party even for beginners.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
At 51 seconds into the video--are they fighting three Ivysaurs?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1