• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ROD the TV to air on G4TechTV Canada on Nov 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I've finally received confirmation from G4TechTV about their first series for the new anime block: R.O.D. the TV will debut on November 6 and run Monday through Friday at 8:30pm EST, with marathon repeats on Saturday from 9:00pm-11:30pm, and Saturday at 6:00pm-8:30pm.

Just a note: apparently they've gotten the tapes for R.O.D. from G4 TV in the States. Since that broadcast had senseless time crunching, time editing, dialogue bleeping, and nudity blurring, don't hold your hopes too high that our version will be free of those problems. While I am hoping that something will pull through and our version will be free of those ridiculous alterations, the station may be looking at entirely new acquisitions in the future, which will hopefully be given a better presentation.

Also, while there will be no free preview for Shaw customers like myself (damnit!), a free preview of the digital service will be offered to subscribers of Bell Express Vu, Rogers, Cogeco, Videotron Ltee, Persona Communications, Access Communications, Telus, MTS, Mountain Cable, Source, and Sasktel. So be sure to catch the series!
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Yay, this is great. I watched R.O.D. a while ago but now I can get my friends to watch it on G4.

BTW why did G4 lose there licence for showing anime in the first place?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Darrenm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I contacted G4techTV about the censorship/time-editing issues when you first reported the news on your site, but they haven't replied to me (nor do I expect to be acknowledged by them X-P).

I'm hoping we aren't plagued with the same problems, but knowing our luck...
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quote
Darrenm wrote:
I contacted G4techTV about the censorship/time-editing issues when you first reported the news on your site, but they haven't replied to me (nor do I expect to be acknowledged by them X-P).

I'm hoping we aren't plagued with the same problems, but knowing our luck...

I'd like to be positive, but it's highly unlikely that G4 will have archived uncut versions to send to our station. Although the worst part isn't the censorship, but rather the time editing. The show's apparently been crunched to about 21 minutes, but since TechTV can only show 12 minutes of ads per hour, it means they're going to have to find some filler because G4 made the episodes too short!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1