• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Mecha Anime Spoof in Sims 2 Pets

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:19 am Reply with quote
I have no idea if anyone else would care, but there's an item in the new Sims 2 expansion pack Pets that's a total spoof of Mecha Anime series. It's called The Prototype X94 "Angsternaut" Robosuit.

Here's the description from the game: From the hit show "Year 9000 Robosuit Earth-Space PUNCHER X," we present you the Prototype X94 "Angsternaut" Robosuit Resin Model. In the show, this Robosuit is the vehicle of angsty teenager Kei Namara, whose parents, grandparents, siblings, best friend, dog, and mailman were abducted by the Evil Zplorch Empire in return for the Prototype Robosuit. Not to be beaten so easily, Kei strikes back on an adventure through space that deepens her bond with the Angsternaut, which has the power to turn her angst into a powerful energy force that will break down the barriers of time and space itself! In the words of Kei: "Go Angsternaut! Break down the walls that keep me from those I love! I will punish the wicked! ANGST TRANSFORMATION!"

I don't know about anyone else, but this is hands down the funniest mecha anime spoof I've ever seen.

What are some of the series being spoofed? I think I see shades of Eva and Macross but what else?

Mods: If this is in any way a bad post, I'm sorry.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:32 am Reply with quote
I love Maxis' descriptions in the sims. They've got some really wonderful spoofs. I particularly like the 'angst power'. (You can almost see Shinji piloting something like that...)

And I actually have passed on this expansion pack so far...I'm going to need to get it when I have the time and urge to play Sims 2 again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1