• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
WTH is this chaos?!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:57 am Reply with quote
I'm looking at the staff and the teams involved in Kamichu!, and it's absolute chaos! How can this many different people all come together to work on a project like this and have it be so consistent?! More directly to the point though... is why do they involve so many people? Most shows have one studio do all the work of the specfied kind for the whole show, why do studios occasionally split up the work so much? Mushishi did this too, just look at the Key Animation section! Absolute chaos! Someone needs to explain to me what the heck makes these shows so different and apparently so much more complicated.

EDIT: I forgot to say "please" Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
You'll probably find there are a lot more anime like that around, but people just haven't sat down and been that complete and concise about the credits here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Most people who contribute to the encyclopedia don't really put that much time into it as to sit down and completely break down who works on each episode. I can kind of see why they don't do it since it takes hours...

I didn't do it for Kamichu! (although it looks to be very nicely done), but I'm one of the crazy people who does it though. One of my best and longest ones being Mouse. I just do it by looking at the credits after each episode. Do not ask me why I did this one though, I hate the anime, I have no idea why I sat down and went through doing that, I must have been extremely bored that day. I also did Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Aquarian Age - Sign for Evolution, and Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat. Although I would have loved to do it for Galaxy Angel and any of the others I've done, sometimes the credits aren't listed in English after every episode so I can't do it.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I've filled out the casts of a few series but admittedly I didn't put much attention in to who worked on it aside from actors and key staff. As the others have said, I'm sure it's just a result of people like me who focus on actors and directors and all that and don't go in to much detail on the minor staff. Just have to remember that ANN's encyclopedia is user submitted and I'm sure if you looked at who submits what most people likely aren't that thorough so in the few cases where someone is that thorough it's easy to notice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense know that I think about it. Rolling Eyes

I knew everything was user inputted, but I guess I never really made the connection that people might just not care enough or might not get around to doing everything for every show. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Nomigid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote
With all that said, it still is a lot of people involved to make one show.
Is that how many people are really needed to make a good show?
Kamichu!,is one of my favorite shows, so I do not want anyone to scrimp on quality to save a few yen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1