• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tenchi Muyo Ryoki vol 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diogenes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Hello Animenewsnetwork I recently bought the tenchi Ryoki vol two release and I noticed that the video quality is horrid. So my question is has anyone else bought this R1 release, and have you noticed any problems? My goal is to try and get them to replace it with a better release(I know this is a against staggering odds).
The video is blurry and there is little definition. I was quite disappointed with it. Frankly if I wanted VHS quality I would have bought the bootleg Rolling Eyes

I should point out that I am not a hater of the R1 industry, most of the stuff I have is of good quality. So sound off if you have noticed anything wrong with your copy Smile
coffee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Nothing wrong with mine. Sounds like you got a bad disk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
You might have better luck in the forums at Anime On DVD, as there are a lot of people there who have 70-inch plasma TVs and 7.1 surround -sound systems to see all the little flaws in DVD authoring. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but different A/V setups will affect the quality of picture you get.
Diogenes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:19 am Reply with quote
That is a good point Zalis116. I do have an HD Tv and progressive scan DVD player. I posted on the funimation forums and the product manager said one line to the effect I did not notice any quality issues. So I am just SOL on this I think. To bad to I was really looking forward to this release ,I mean what has it been 6-8 years in the making Rolling Eyes Oh well I am somewhat surprised being that Funi normally has good video quality for the most part, makes me wonder if they just jumped the shark on this one ,or maybe they got second rate masters from japan. This will not really stop me from buying there stuff, although I was really steamed at first...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:14 am Reply with quote
Diogenes wrote:
That is a good point Zalis116. I do have an HD Tv and progressive scan DVD player. I posted on the funimation forums and the product manager said one line to the effect I did not notice any quality issues. So I am just SOL on this I think. To bad to I was really looking forward to this release ,I mean what has it been 6-8 years in the making Rolling Eyes Oh well I am somewhat surprised being that Funi normally has good video quality for the most part, makes me wonder if they just jumped the shark on this one ,or maybe they got second rate masters from japan. This will not really stop me from buying there stuff, although I was really steamed at first...
You might have had a bad copy. Can you take it back to where you purchased it and get an exchange?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1