• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: FuRyu Displays New Cardcaptor Sakura Prize Figure

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Will definitely be picking this one up at the used shop. :3 I can't work crane games for sh*t.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
While this is nice to see, what I really want is the Nendoroid that Good Smile Company has planned. Anime catgrin
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it'll look different painted, but something doesn't look right in the face to me. It's not that it doesn't look good, but it doesn't quite look like Sakura.
victor viper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I was trying to place the outfit to an episode, but with no success.

Her face seems okay to me, but it's hard to tell until she gets painted. I'd be more worried about how the Clow cards and the Clow Book get painted. I have only one FuRyu figure, but it's not terrible quality-wise, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one. It's Sakura, and it shouldn't be terribly expensive, so what's the downside?
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Maybe it'll look different painted, but something doesn't look right in the face to me. It's not that it doesn't look good, but it doesn't quite look like Sakura.

It's probably the nose. Most FuRyu figures have that tiny pointed nose that doesn't look right on anime figures.

Oh, and thanks for the link back to Tomopop, Bamboo! We really appreciate it! Anime catgrin

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote
victor viper wrote:
I was trying to place the outfit to an episode, but with no success.

Isn't it this one from the first opening?

http://www.cosplayhouse.com/images/D/Card_Captor_Sakura_Sakura_Kinomoto_costume_ver_03-5-06.jpg
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
While this is nice to see, what I really want is the Nendoroid that Good Smile Company has planned. Anime catgrin

What? Where'd you get that info from? Will my dreams of a Sakura figma finally come true?
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Shiratori1 wrote:

What? Where'd you get that info from? Will my dreams of a Sakura figma finally come true?

It was announced last December during one of those GSC live video presentations. However, they seem to be denying it now. Didn't help that at the following Wonder Festival Max Factory was showing off their old Sakura garage kits and somehow got fans thinking it was being turned into a PVC the same way their Belldandy GK was.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Dessa wrote:

It's probably the nose. Most FuRyu figures have that tiny pointed nose that doesn't look right on anime figures.

Maybe it is the nose, but yes, it doesn't look right to me as well.
victor viper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote
rahzel.rose wrote:

Isn't it this one from the first opening?

Yeah, I guess it is the outfit from the first opening. Plus, it's obviously the staff from the first two seasons.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Shiratori1 wrote:

Here is the MFC page on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1