• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Various Pokemon Questions/Comments

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x_Hisoka_x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Cleaning my room the other day I happened to come across my copy of Pokemon Gold. I decided to play for a while. I just have a few questions and comments. Do you find it funny that you battle someone and they have 4 of the same Pokemon? What the hell is the point of catching 4 Magikarps when all they can do is splash? What the hell is the point of catching more than 1 of the same Pokemon period.

How many different Unowns are there?

Also, I don't understand how Mr. Mime and Porygon are Pokemon. If I recall correctly Porygon is a computer program or something and Mr. Mime is practically human.

For Pokemon Red and Blue you get 3 different starter Pokemon and 3 different ones for Gold and Silver. Which ones do you find are better:
Is Charmander better then Cyndaquil?
Is Squirtle better then Totodile?
Is Bulbasaur better then Chikorita?

I can't choose Charmander or Cyndaquil because Typhlosion and Charizard are equally cool.

P.S. What level does Croconaw evolve at

P.S.S. I don't watch Pokemon anymore it's just fun to play the game again. I also hate Pokemon now.
Sylex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Newcomer wrote:
Cleaning my room the other day I happened to come across my copy of Pokemon Gold. I decided to play for a while. I just have a few questions and comments. Do you find it funny that you battle someone and they have 4 of the same Pokemon? What the hell is the point of catching 4 Magikarps when all they can do is splash? What the hell is the point of catching more than 1 of the same Pokemon period.

Also, I don't understand how Mr. Mime and Porygon are Pokemon. If I recall correctly Porygon is a computer program or something and Mr. Mime is practically human.

For Pokemon Red and Blue you get 3 different starter Pokemon and 3 different ones for Gold and Silver. Which ones do you find are better:
Is Charmander better then Cyndaquil?
Is Squirtle better then Totodile?
Is Bulbasaur better then Chikorita?

I can't choose Charmander or Cyndaquil because Typhlosion and Charizard are equally cool.

P.S. What level does Croconaw evolve at

P.S.S. I don't watch Pokemon anymore it's just fun to play the game again. I also hate Pokemon now.

Sequentially...

1. The game isn't to be taken seriously, but some people find it cool to have 4 of the same super-powerful Pokemon.

2. Count all of the different variations tiled on the wall of the Unown dungeon, and you'll have your answer.

3. Mr. Mime is a Pokemon, and Porygon can be stored in a Pokeball. Beyond this, I don't know.

4. Charmander for power, Squirtle for all-around, Bulbasaur for gym leader advantages. Cyndaquil for all-around, Totodile for power, Chikorita for a challenge.

5. 30

6. Don't we all.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:57 am Reply with quote
Not that anyone on this forum cares about this (except possibly Asuka), but clearing up a few things here.

Sylex wrote:
1. The game isn't to be taken seriously, but some people find it cool to have 4 of the same super-powerful Pokemon.

Believe it or not, there are actually a whole lot of people who take the game seriously and go against each other in "competitive battling" (battling against other real people). Believe me, I was active in it for a while so I know, competitive battling is extremely difficult. There are a lot more in game mechanics that are practically unseeable. IVs, EVs, Sweepers, Hazers, Stallers, Tanks, etc. are all terms used in competitive battling that you'll never see used in the game. Don't believe me? Take a look at this competitive battling guide. That's not a game guide, that's a guide solely deticated to battling, just to show you how in depth it can go.

Anime_Newcomer wrote:

You do know that the Unown represent all of the letters in the English alphabet, right? How many letters are there in the alphabet?

Sylex wrote:
2. Count all of the different variations tiled on the wall of the Unown dungeon, and you'll have your answer.

As of now, that's incorrect. Unown "!" and "?" aren't on the wall. They make it a total of 28.

Sylex wrote:
6. Don't we all.

No. I'm just not into it anymore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1