• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
YTV changed its schedule yet again...

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satanachia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote
aye they have changed the schedule again... i'm counting four times already since '05. They have replaced the 11pm-12pm timeslot with "Reboot" and "Beasties" instead of the usual InuYasha and either .hack//sign, GundamSeed, Witch Hunter Robin, or GitS:SAC. This news is rather a pissoff for any Canadian whos sole anime source is YTV (which mine is Crying or Very sad ) Honestly i don't know why they would change the schedule... it was fine the way it was. I thought i'd post this message just to voice an opinion on the crappy TV channels Canadians on Basic Cable have. if any others want to make an opinion go right ahead, i want to see what other people have to say.
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Canada needs Anime Network standard. I dont even think you can order it with bell... hmm. Oh well, ya YTV sucks and 4Kids is shamefull. Personally I would switch to buying DVD's or just simply downloading Fansubs online (dont get angry at me for saying... you know you want to, but dont). Thats what I do and it hasent been to bad for me, I no longer even watch anime on tv. Just everthing on my comp.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Satanachia wrote:
aye they have changed the schedule again... i'm counting four times already since '05. They have replaced the 11pm-12pm timeslot with "Reboot" and "Beasties" instead of the usual InuYasha and either .hack//sign, GundamSeed, Witch Hunter Robin, or GitS:SAC. This news is rather a pissoff for any Canadian whos sole anime source is YTV (which mine is Crying or Very sad ) Honestly i don't know why they would change the schedule... it was fine the way it was. I thought i'd post this message just to voice an opinion on the crappy TV channels Canadians on Basic Cable have. if any others want to make an opinion go right ahead, i want to see what other people have to say.

All that sucks, especially since both Reboot and Beasties are'nt that great. Also when did YTV have Witch hunter Robin on? I don't remeber them ever having this show. Which I guess technically does not matter because I own it on DVD.
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Ya they played the whole series of Witch Hunter Robin I think 3 times before they changed it to something else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
d.yaro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
trackstar1013 wrote:
Ya they played the whole series of Witch Hunter Robin I think 3 times before they changed it to something else.

Oh. They broadcast that series that many times? I stumbled across Witch Hunter Robin on YTV when I was in Kelowna about a year and a half ago. I was channel surfing prior to heading out to a party at the local dragonboat festival (which takes place annually in September). I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since I have a suspicion YTV ran Gundam Wing at least twice...

I haven't subscribed to cable TV in ages so I'm guessing from the initial post that Teletoon still isn't showing any anime (since YTV is cited as being the only station in the basic packages with anime in their programming). Better yet, is Teletoon still broadcasting? I remember they broadcast some anime movies in their first year on the air but after there was none to be seen. Can't complain too much for that station is where I came across "Captain Star" and "Undergrads".
coolGAL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:59 am Reply with quote
d.yaro wrote:
trackstar1013 wrote:

Oh. They broadcast that series that many times? I stumbled across Witch Hunter Robin on YTV when I was in Kelowna about a year and a half ago. I was channel surfing prior to heading out to a party at the local dragonboat festival (which takes place annually in September). I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since I have a suspicion YTV ran Gundam Wing at least twice...

I haven't subscribed to cable TV in ages so I'm guessing from the initial post that Teletoon still isn't showing any anime (since YTV is cited as being the only station in the basic packages with anime in their programming). Better yet, is Teletoon still broadcasting? I remember they broadcast some anime movies in their first year on the air but after there was none to be seen. Can't complain too much for that station is where I came across "Captain Star" and "Undergrads".
No they don't air anime Movies anymore excpet that new series Spider Riders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
Satanachia wrote:

One Word(Excluding These) CanCon.

Anyways atleast One Piece is off YTV's Friday Line-Up.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:09 pm Reply with quote
The schedule change was made because YTV didn't make their CanCon quota for the year and is now shuffling things around to make up for it. It's the same reason why the back-to-back One Piece episodes they announced were pulled at the last minute. It kind of sucks since .hack was only a few episodes away from completing its second run, but all-in-all, reruns are the only things affected by this change.

Quote:
Canada needs Anime Network standard. I don't even think you can order it with bell... hmm.

The Anime Network will never be available in Canada, and I wish everyone would stop citing it as the ultimate solution to every problem up here because it isn't. The station has serious flaws, and ultimately it's more important for mainstream stations to air anime on TV because they will actually expose it to an audience wider than simply people who are already anime fans.

YTV isn't nearly as bad as you guys are making them out to be. Case Closed is running on Friday nights now, and I impore you to check it out if you haven't already. We do need an alternative though, and G4TechTV wants to bring us one. However, they need to have their license ammended in order to do so, and comments from the public will make this a much greater possibility.

Go here for more details.
Mistress9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Well I still wish we had the option to get Anime Netwerk on Satelite. It's kind of silly that we can't. Okay now that, that is out of my system. Regarding YTV, it's not that I am not appreciative to YTV, because hey if it wasn't for YTV. I would never have gotten into anime in the first place but well I think it would be cool to have an anime network that played uncut subtittled versions of some anime. I just don't see YTV doing this.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know, the Anime Network isn't doing this either. At least not to any relevent or notable capacity. For the most part it's just ADV dubs. If you're actually expecting subtitled anime to run on TV, you're kind of missing the point.

And it isn't even all anime anymore. They're airing live action programs now as well.
Mistress9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
As far as I know, the Anime Network isn't doing this either. At least not to any relevent or notable capacity. For the most part it's just ADV dubs. If you're actually expecting subtitled anime to run on TV, you're kind of missing the point.

And it isn't even all anime anymore. They're airing live action programs now as well.

How is me wanting to watch subtitled or better yet dubbed uncut anime missing the point? I don't understand your reasoning here? I was actually on Anime Networks website a couple weeks ago and they were saying on their guide that they were going to play subs of Eva. I personally perfer the Eva dub, but thought it was cool.

Regardless of weither they are subs or not, it would be cool if Canada had another network that played anime. YTV is great and all but it would be nice to see some other types of anime they may not play. That was the point I was making sorry if I confused anyone.

Oh and that sucks that Anime Network is playing live action programs, are they at least playing Japense live action programs. That would be cool.

Thanks for your patience.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Mistress9 wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

How is me wanting to watch subtitled or better yet dubbed uncut anime missing the point? I don't understand your reasoning here? I was actually on Anime Networks website a couple weeks ago and they were saying on their guide that they were going to play subs of Eva. I personally perfer the Eva dub, but thought it was cool.

Regardless of weither they are subs or not, it would be cool if Canada had another network that played anime. YTV is great and all but it would be nice to see some other types of anime they may not play. That was the point I was making sorry if I confused anyone.

Oh and that sucks that Anime Network is playing live action programs, are they at least playing Japense live action programs. That would be cool.

Again, if you want to see an alternative, I suggest taking a look at this and consider filing a comment to the CRTC supporting the ammendment. G4TechTV being allowed to launch a new anime block will probably improve things considerably, at least based on things I've heard about what they're planning.

Also, although it's all dubbed, most of the stuff that YTV plays on Bionix is uncut. The only real notable edit they've made this year was removing the spoiler[F*CK YOU] in episode 26 of GitS. But aside from that, they've left in language and other content that not even Adult Swim let slip through.
Satanachia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
what? Case Closed in in the Bionix line up.... holy death I didn't know that. It must have been aired lastweek when i was away and only taped Inuyasha, Gundam , and FMA. I don't know if my cable provider has Cartoon Network as a station you can subscribe to. And to those who hate having One Piece on Bionix it's still aired at like 4 in the morning but i agree atleast its not on primetime.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
One Piece was never in Bionix.So what now the 7-8pm EST Friday Time slots are both CanCon,Since I guess you can consider Cybertron CanCon because it was dubed in Vancouver...
Mistress9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Mistress9 wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

Again, if you want to see an alternative, I suggest taking a look at this and consider filing a comment to the CRTC supporting the ammendment. G4TechTV being allowed to launch a new anime block will probably improve things considerably, at least based on things I've heard about what they're planning.

Also, although it's all dubbed, most of the stuff that YTV plays on Bionix is uncut. The only real notable edit they've made this year was removing the spoiler[F*CK YOU] in episode 26 of GitS. But aside from that, they've left in language and other content that not even Adult Swim let slip through.

Thanks for the informaition, I am checking into to it right now. You rock!!! Laughing I had heard from some of my friends that FMA and Inyusia (spelling??) were not uncut and they were complaning about YTV airing them like this. So sorry if my information was wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3