• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toriko

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuudoru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
I couldn't find any Toriko thread, so let's get this started!

Anyone reading this amazing adventure manga? I've been reading it since chapter 60 and I can't stop myself from loving it more and more after each chapter. It reminds me so much of old-school adventure mangas that we don't get much of nowadays.

Anyone excited for the up-coming arc?

(Sorry if this is a bad attempt to get a thread going, I'm not used to create threads..)
jsc315

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quote
I'll start off by saying I have not read the manga yet, Have watched the anime and I love it a lot! I do agree that it has the older anime mentality where its pretty simplistic but very fun and entertaining with a good amount of action and no annoying characters.

From those I know that have read the manga hate the show so I decided I'm going to get the manga after the series is over when ever that will be, or at least wait till the manga here catches up with the TV series, since I've heard there are much different.

What I love is it has the design of One Piece the the charisma and attitude of Draganball Z and the and the bad ass fighting of Fist of the North Star( just with out all the crazy exploding heads) all rolled into one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nuudoru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:46 am Reply with quote
I was really looking forward to the anime until I heard that they added an extra character who's not in the manga. Even thought it might not ruin everything it was enough to put me off. Komatsu's voice also was a lot different that I had expected..

It's fun that you mention One Piece since the authors of One Piece and Toriko are childhood friends. Wink That's why they promote Toriko through One Piece so much and let them have a crossover in WSJ.
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yea I've heard the anime differs a lot from the manga a bit, but I am looking forward to reading it when i do. I'll probably be picking it up on the Viz iphone app. I'm running out of room on my book shelf with anime and manga as it is, and it being 1/2 the price I probably pick it up there and support the creator as well.

I like that the anime and manga are considerably different. As long as the series does not suffer and keeps the charm and charisma of the source material I'm all for it then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1