• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NO MORE ANIME ON KIDS WB!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Kids WB announced their fall lineup and there is no more anime. They dropped Pokemon and viewtiful joe and stated its because of sagging ratings. I understand Joe in the ratings but, from my cynopsis report that I get with the sat. morning ratings poke is always the highest rated show on the block. I find this odd for them to say that about pokemon.
lilie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
well it's not like their anime shows are good and they don't even show a lot of anime so who cares they only show pokémon yugihoh and that stupide viewtiful joe.
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Yet, this says different. What's your source? BTW: Don't use CAPS in the subject.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Alex K.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:47 pm Reply with quote
No more Pokemon? Yeah, right. I don't know where you got your info, but I would quit reading Joe's Anime News World if I were you. I guess you didn't know about the new season premiere with a new voice cast this weekend.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
Kids WB announced their fall lineup and there is no more anime. They dropped Pokemon and viewtiful joe and stated its because of sagging ratings. I understand Joe in the ratings but, from my cynopsis report that I get with the sat. morning ratings poke is always the highest rated show on the block. I find this odd for them to say that about pokemon.

So the fall has begun.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
They dropped Pokemon

...yeah.....right. Only a miracle would cause pokemon to be dropped.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:

Hallelujah!

*fires up the Handel music* Wink
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
Nobuyuki wrote:
Sir_Brass wrote:

Hallelujah!

and in my case, I WILL fire up Handel's Music.

....and people say there is no God Wink.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Sir_Brass wrote:

Hallelujah!

and in my case, I WILL fire up Handel's Music.

....and people say there is no God Wink.

Anime hyper UNDENIABLE PROOF! (although I actually don't have much of a problem with Pokemon, it's what got me into anime so I gotta give it props.)

I wonder if this explains the "Pokemon actors are getting replaced!" drama. They're not getting replaced, like they thought--the show is just being canceled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote
Ah-ha! So now we're diving into our American history to show the next generation OUR culture and not that of another country. Great move.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:28 am Reply with quote
I don't think showing pokemon and yugi oh was showing kids Japanese culture. It was showing them english-dubbed japanese cartoons....nothing more.

If we want to teach kids more about other cultures, there's this place called a library.... Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quote
A show based on DC comics, new Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry, it's just reviving the ancient series. It's AMERICAN originals.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:46 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
A show based on DC comics, new Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry, it's just reviving the ancient series. It's AMERICAN originals.

With all the original life sucked out of them and replaced with rehashes of the same old plots! =D

Sorry, I'm starting to become disenchanted with 'revivals' of old properities. For every cartoon that gets it right (Batman: The Animated series, Tiny Toons...), there's at least two others that get it horribly, horribly wrong (Krypto the Super-Dog, and that...super heros...looney toons one...the 'baby looney tunes', 'Tom and Jerry Kids", the live-action Scooby-Doo movies, that recent revival of Scooby-Doo cartoons that flopped within a year...the list goes on.)

Too often, studios assume that "If we use the same characters, then the kids will like it!" In fact, an episode of Tom and Jerry Kids that I saw was basically an older T&J cartoon redrawn with Tom and Jerry as kids. The same exact gags were used...at least 90% of them. A lot of these rehashes lack originality, often have less-than-exciting animation, and plot lines that either repeat what we've seen a dozen times already or go SO far away from the original that it's barely recongisable. I'd rather they just make another bad original cartoon than try to 'improve' on classics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
Let us not forget that Animaniacs was another one of the greats. But most of that stuff just doesn't have any quality to it. Cheesy stories, face lifts of characters that are 50 years old, in some cases. Honestly, a series is sometimes better when it's left alone and there's no revivals.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:07 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Let us not forget that Animaniacs was another one of the greats. But most of that stuff just doesn't have any quality to it. Cheesy stories, face lifts of characters that are 50 years old, in some cases. Honestly, a series is sometimes better when it's left alone and there's no revivals.

yes, Animaniacs is another. ^^ I like Teen Titans a lot, too--although people are pretty mixed on that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2