• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live-action Starblazers back from the dead?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Benderspink and producer Josh C. Kline are teaming to adapt the classic Japanese anime "Star Blazers" into a live-action feature. Known for its epic imagery and themes of brave sacrifice and respect for heroes lost in the line of duty, "Star Blazers" is the U.S. name for 1970s Japanese anime TV series "Space Battleship Yamato." It comprised three television series, five animated features and a host of merchandise. "Star Blazers," distributed in the U.S. by Voyager Entertainment, aired stateside in the early 1980s. The story is set in the 22nd century after an alien attack on Earth has forced survivors to live in underground cities. After a message arrives from a distant planet promising a cure for the proliferating surface radiation, Earth's last vestige of hope rests on the crew of a powerful yet untested spaceship, which must reach the purported new ally and return home before mankind ceases to exist. A live-action adaptation was set up at Walt Disney Studios in the 1990s.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002384430
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:57 am Reply with quote
Is this going to end up like Dragon Ball where we hear about it but then it never happens?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Is this going to end up like Dragon Ball where we hear about it but then it never happens?

Probably.

I'd expect it when you see the movie trailers in the theatres or on TV and ANN.
Kinkotsuman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:

God I sure hope so!!

No. 1: Live-action adaptations of cartoons are rarely ever good.

No. 2: Only the Japanese should make live-action movies based on animes.

So please people, no live action Yamato, no live action Dragon Ball, no live action Sailor Moon, no live action Speed Racer, and in the name of Buddha absolutely NO... live action Evangelion...

But that's just my opinion...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1