• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach NA broadcasting

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barfing_bunnies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote
It has occurred to me that it was noted in the Bleach article that the dub would be broadcast on CN but Adult Swim was added. When I clicked the link to it, it only said Bleach--who wrote this and where did you get the info?
Dexo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002274955

Adult Swim Draws 5 New Series

Anthony Crupi

MARCH 30, 2006 -

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim has five new series, two pilots and a handful of anime acquisitions on tap for 2006-07.

New animated strips include Death Clock Metalocalypse, a satirical look at a cataclysmic heavy metal band; Frisky Dingo (formerly titled Whiskey Tango Six), which focuses on a diabolical genius named Killface and his attempts to kick-start the Apocalypse; and the irreverently titled Assy McGee, starring a cartoon cop whose nickname derives from the fact that he looks like a giant derriere.

Also in the hopper are Saul of the Mole Men, a mix of live-action, puppetry and animation set to debut in late 2006, and Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil, a story about a Left Coast girl and how her doting dad, the Dark Lord Satan, interferes with her dating life. Adult Swim has ordered 10 episodes of Lucy in anticipation of a debut in the fourth quarter of this year.

The net will also return nine series, including Robot Chicken, 12oz. Mouse and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The latter series will also spawn a theatrical film set to open this fall.

In a bid to bolster programming for its expanded animé block, which now includes three weeknight premieres at 12:30 a.m., Adult Swim has locked in two representatives of the genre with Eureka Seven (out April 15) and Bleach (out fall 2006). It also returns InuYasha to its Tuesday night slot.

Lastly, pilots in development are Korgoth of Barbaria, a dystopian action/comedy pilot that will premiere in September, and That Crook'd 'Sip, an examination of the lives of a family trying to keep its shabby Southern gentility intact in the face of a crunk-fueled Dirty South. 'Sip debuts this fall.
barfing_bunnies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Dexo wrote:
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002274955

Adult Swim Draws 5 New Series

Anthony Crupi

MARCH 30, 2006 -

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim has five new series, two pilots and a handful of anime acquisitions on tap for 2006-07.

New animated strips include Death Clock Metalocalypse, a satirical look at a cataclysmic heavy metal band; Frisky Dingo (formerly titled Whiskey Tango Six), which focuses on a diabolical genius named Killface and his attempts to kick-start the Apocalypse; and the irreverently titled Assy McGee, starring a cartoon cop whose nickname derives from the fact that he looks like a giant derriere.

Also in the hopper are Saul of the Mole Men, a mix of live-action, puppetry and animation set to debut in late 2006, and Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil, a story about a Left Coast girl and how her doting dad, the Dark Lord Satan, interferes with her dating life. Adult Swim has ordered 10 episodes of Lucy in anticipation of a debut in the fourth quarter of this year.

The net will also return nine series, including Robot Chicken, 12oz. Mouse and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The latter series will also spawn a theatrical film set to open this fall.

In a bid to bolster programming for its expanded animé block, which now includes three weeknight premieres at 12:30 a.m., Adult Swim has locked in two representatives of the genre with Eureka Seven (out April 15) and Bleach (out fall 2006). It also returns InuYasha to its Tuesday night slot.

Lastly, pilots in development are Korgoth of Barbaria, a dystopian action/comedy pilot that will premiere in September, and That Crook'd 'Sip, an examination of the lives of a family trying to keep its shabby Southern gentility intact in the face of a crunk-fueled Dirty South. 'Sip debuts this fall.

Thanks, but why was Bleach the only one listed as "Cartoon Network (Adult Swim)" for broadcasting?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quote
If you're talking about that Encyclopedia entry, then it's just a person who REALLY goofed up entering the information. Rolling Eyes

The Broadcaster name should be "Cartoon Network" with the Precision name "Adult Swim". Hopefully someone could fix that.
Dexo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Because it is on Cartoon Network...but is on the block Adult Swim
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Adult Swim is "considered" it's own network... which I still don't buy. Adult Swim is piggy backing off of Cartoon Network, it would be different if it like FX durning the day and Comedy Central at night. So, while Bleach might be listed under Adult Swim, it's listed as both because CN and AS is pretty much the same network.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
arxane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Adult Swim is "considered" it's own network... which I still don't buy. Adult Swim is piggy backing off of Cartoon Network, it would be different if it like FX durning the day and Comedy Central at night. So, while Bleach might be listed under Adult Swim, it's listed as both because CN and AS is pretty much the same network.

Adult Swim is only its own network in terms of advertisement. As a separate block, the folks at AS can better track the demographs that watch the block and use those numbers more effectively for advertisers than if they were still part of the overall Cartoon Network that still caters mostly to young children.
Alex K.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
You know what they should've done? They should announced Bleach yesterday so that nobody believes them. Then, when it premieres and a bunch of morons miss it, we can all say, "Dude, it wasn't an April Fool's joke. It's actually happening." Laughing
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
Adult Swim is only its own network in terms of advertisement. As a separate block, the folks at AS can better track the demographs that watch the block and use those numbers more effectively for advertisers than if they were still part of the overall Cartoon Network that still caters mostly to young children.
The same can be said for Toonami. They tend to have more ads fouced on action figures and games. They also track the demograph for that block too. Once again, AS might call themselfs a network, but they still piggybacking off CN's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1