• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why Escaflone the movie?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I have been a fan of the Escaflone series ever since I saw the first few episodes. I finally got the chance to see the movie.... I understand that the movie wasn't supposed to be like the series but the only thing that was even remotely the same was the characters and even then it was almost only in name.

Other anime movies I have seen that have been based of a series weren't 100% to the series and had several story line changes but none were so drastic. What made the creatures of the movie take it in such a different direction from the series?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:48 pm Reply with quote
The Escaflowne movie I believe was designed to appeal more to an action-loving (shounen) audience than the anime series was. Hence the completely different storyline, and characterizations for key characters (mainly Van and Milerna).

For some reason, the makers of Escaflowne seem to like different versions of stories with similar elements, because the two Escaflowne manga are also completely independent of either the movie or series (one has been translated, the one designed for a male audience, while the shoujo manga has never been licensed, as far as I know).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1