• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hellsing Ultimate

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote
just saw the first part, and so far i like this a lot better than the series. it's a lot deeper, and it's a bit less serious. my only complaint is the music really sucks.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I hate to sound like an idiot, because I am such a huge hellsing fan, but is this the second season of hellsing or the movie or something else?
GloriousPikachu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Its kinda a remake of the original, that follows the manga a lot better.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
yeah it's an OAV series that follows the manga storyline.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
just saw the first part,

No you didn't. What you saw was a massive, 30 minute trailer. Laughing The thing going around now called "Digest for Fleaks" (lol) is a preview for the real episode 1 that comes out in February. All that we see here are the "rough draft" versions of two scenes that will be in the final cut of the first episode, which is set to run around 50 minutes once completed.

Though you're right that it did kick very much ass. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
So where did you guys see this?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:

A source I'm not allowed to provide. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Thanatos01s2 wrote:

A source I'm not allowed to provide. Wink

Yeah I figured, but I had my fingers crossed.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that was just a preview Shocked?! I must say, though, it was quite a teaser.

Aside from the obvious advancement in art and animation, the new music was pretty good. It felt like it was trying to somewhat imitate the old music, but had an almost techno vibe instead of a rock one. Some of the orchestral stuff I heard sounded nice and seems a bit more dramatic than what was in the TV series (but I still like the old music too).

Content wise, I've still yet to read the manga Anime cry. But darn it, I'm going to at least buy the first volume this coming month Mad!
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:06 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
v1cious wrote:
just saw the first part,

No you didn't. What you saw was a massive, 30 minute trailer. Laughing The thing going around now called "Digest for Fleaks" (lol) is a preview for the real episode 1 that comes out in February. All that we see here are the "rough draft" versions of two scenes that will be in the final cut of the first episode, which is set to run around 50 minutes once completed.

that was just a preview? Shocked my god!

now i'm sooo pumped for this to come out.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:18 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
v1cious wrote:
just saw the first part,

that was just a preview? Shocked my god!

now i'm sooo pumped for this to come out.
yeah no shit thas at trailor WOW i cant wait to se the final cut.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Vortextk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Man sounds so promising...I really liked the original Hellsing. I'm sick of most vampire stuff because when I see American Vampire movies come out...what's the point of BEING a vampire? If you've ever seen Blade or Underworld, it's all about the gadgets and guns. The fact that the enemies are vampires just mean they are physically strong with even more weaknesses than a human, heh.

I wonder if/when this comes over to america, will the same company/actors pick it up...I liked the dub. Since it's an OVA it might take awhile to come out and finish though huh?
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Vortextk wrote:
I wonder if/when this comes over to america, will the same company/actors pick it up...I liked the dub. Since it's an OVA it might take awhile to come out and finish though huh?
I think its a safe bet to say Geneon already owns the rights to it considering they were hypying it at AX last year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
Vortextk wrote:

I think its a safe bet to say Geneon already owns the rights to it considering they were hypying it at AX last year.

Not only does Geneon own the rights, they were involved in creating the OVA in the first place. I'm guessing they did what Cartoon Network did for the second season of Big O, and provided some funding, which I'm sure they can afford.

As for dubbing, Geneon will more than likely try to rehire New Generation Pictures again, which is a good start. However, I think I heard Geneon is also non-union when it comes to their labor contract or whatever. And with that, I hear Crispin Freeman is union only now. Not that I think he's as good as Nakata Jouji, but he's certainly a better fit than anyone else I can think of. So if you're hoping to hear him do Alucard again, it more than likely won't happen Anime smallmouth.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
And with that, I hear Crispin Freeman is union only now. Not that I think he's as good as Nakata Jouji, but he's certainly a better fit than anyone else I can think of. So if you're hoping to hear him do Alucard again, it more than likely won't happen Anime smallmouth.

Unless he goes by a different name/alias, which I am hoping he will, than he can play Alucard. He is the quintessential Alucard, I can't see anyone else playing that role.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3