• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Losing faith in Anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sick boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote
who here is getting sick and tired of anime?
im a fan but i know there are others like me who are tired to..
fansubs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 am Reply with quote
oh dude i got so much to say on the matter but so little time but im also sick and tired of anime there are many reasons (4kids never dieing, the sheep like fans, elitist fans,) but i am
like many pepole who claim not to be a anime fan anymore
i can go on for hours but i have so litte time damn!
see ya later
sick boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:49 am Reply with quote
ok would like to see your opinion on this
im just happy i got the guts to post here its nice to see a real matter being brought up
Azathrael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quote
First, you need to use English. That kind of typing is forbidden. You might as well read the rules. Second, you need to state your own reasons first, not "I'm tired of anime ok bye." Well, Nag will come here to lecture you sooner or later.

As for me, I've hit a dead end. I'm currently watching Slayers but it's boring as hell since the content is intended for a younger audience. I usually wait for a series to end before I watch it so I'm waiting for Mai-Otome, Shakugan no Shana, Monster, and other anticipated titles to finish being fansubbed. I've pretty much watched anything rated higher than "Very Good" on ANN and fits to my tastes in anime. I guess that's why I'm visiting the forums a little more often. -_-;;

But, I know I'll get tired of anime sooner or later, like I did with a million other things, but I'll just move on to new and hopefully better things.
Efan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:04 am Reply with quote
Aye, I am also getting tired of anime, but it's not because of "OMG 4KIDS RUINED ANOTHER TITLE!!!1!!!!!@!!" or other fans taking anime too seriously, but just because I find I don't have the attention span anymore to sit down, turn on a show and watch it all the way through. I find that now when I watch anime my mind wanders, maybe it's just because I've watched all the titles I've wanted to, or maybe I just plain don't have intrest.

Either way, I know I'll get back into anime, it's just a matter of time.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
sick boy wrote:
ok would like to see your opinion on this
im just happy i got the guts to post here its nice to see a real matter being brought up

why is personal preference more of a topic than anime on an aime board?

you know what? I have always hated these people who blame things that are so easy to avoid, 4Kids is ruining anime? Errr...dont watch what 4Kids releases then...sheep like or elistist anime fans? Dont talk to them then...

personally I avoid talking about anime with real people and use this board for it...but again the focus of anime isnt who you talk to or who is releasing it to you...surely its the anime you are watching that is the whole point?

simple answer, watch anime titles that interest you, use this board and others like it to keep up to date on what is good whats not, and then discuss any questions pertaining to anime itself rather than fandom.
fansubs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Ok here goes

The main reason i and many other pepole dont like anime more is becasue of many reason. The main reason i dont consider my self to be a fan is becasue all anime companies are doing there jobs wrong thier either over-priced dvds or/and localisation bull crap (if pepole in japan liked it why wont we?)
most anime fans are elitest jack offs who look down on any anime that sells a product or cant stand popular shows.

I just dabble in the odd fansub here and there these days and i came to the conclusion i am the type of guy that american anime companies dont want-some who does not pay a single penny to them but watch the shows they pay for

well all i got to say is that all the american anime companies coast to coast can kiss my ass
CyberViper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I was getting a little bored of it after spending almost my entire winter break watching anime...I watched so much it was pathetic. I've also seen a lot of great shows out there, but there are just so many other shows that are just mediocre or end up being a waste of time in the end. I only continue to watch them because I hope they'll get better at some point...

There are some really great and unique series out there that I've really grown to love, but there are a lot of bad ones too.

I wouldn't say i'm losing faith, but i'm rather just getting bored of the generic anime that appears over and over. When something comes around that is just so very different from most of what i've seen before my interest is suddenly rekindled. I just finished watching Loveless and it was very interesting because I hadn't seen anything like it before. The animation, characters, story, everything was unique to anything i've seen before.

I am dissapointed more in anime that has been dubbed into english, had scenes cut out, and just turned out so much worse than the Japanese version. This is a major dissapointment to me, but at least we can buy the DVDs and watch them with subtitled...but I can't stand watching anime on broadcasted tv anymore.

However, I know that new and better series will come out eventually...i'll keep having faith.
sumomo-ochita

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote
i have only just scraped the surface of anime and i recon ill never get bored of it.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote
fansubs wrote:
Ok here goes

The main reason i and many other pepole don't like anime more is becasue of many reason. The main reason i don't consider my self to be a fan is becasue all anime companies are doing there jobs wrong thier either over-priced dvds or/and localisation bull crap (if pepole in japan liked it why wont we?)
most anime fans are elitest jack offs who look down on any anime that sells a product or can't stand popular shows.

I just dabble in the odd fansub here and there these days and i came to the conclusion i am the type of guy that american anime companies don't want-some who does not pay a single penny to them but watch the shows they pay for

well all i got to say is that all the american anime companies coast to coast can kiss my ass

so tell me what legitimate business likes to pander to theives?

as that is all you are...you even seem to revel in that fact.

if most anime fans are elitist jack-offs(here in the UK that means people who masturbate dunno if it means that where you are) then DONT TALK TO THEM!!

seriously if its not a problem with the anime itself thats turning you away but the people...then ignore the people and enjoy the product! If the product what not what you wanted then we have something to talk about...people can be ignored VERY EASILY!

but even if you do get turned away who cares You are a thief who offers nothing back...what legitimate business wants people like that?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm still not tired of it, and I don't see myself being that way for awhile. . .I still have lots of great shows yet to be watched in my collection, a number of series that I'm following week to week in fansubs, plus plenty of favorites to watch a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time. Maybe by the time I'm 30 or so, but for now, I still have enough of a childlike/innocent/open mind to enjoy fun but pointless series like Amaenaideyo!! or Girls Bravo. Heck, even the 82 unreleased episodes of Kodocha alone will keep me going for awhile (though I hear that things slow down later on).

While I consider myself a knowledgeable and hardcore fan, I wouldn't call myself elitist. . .I mean, I don't like shows like DBZ, Pokemon, Gundam, or Yugi-oh, but that's mainly because their plots don't interest me enough to watch hundreds of episodes. I don't hate them because they're popular or because they're used to sell toys/cards/figures. I do in fact watch Bleach and Naruto, although if I don't hurry up and get through the 30s episodes of Naruto, Cartoon Network is going to catch up to me...
Area88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
It seems to be most of the users in this forum are crying out for some originality which seems to be sincerely lacking in recent anime.

Doctor's Advice - Buy some earlier titles from the 80's and 90's. Examples - Dirty Pair, Megazone, Area 88 OVA, Cockpit, Tenchi Muyo.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I had a topic earlier why I am sick of anime but... I am disgusted at anime companies waiting two months to release 4 episodes of an anime. That is why I am done buying anime. I only buy fansubs now. For example, Howl's moving castle does not come out until April, why?, who the hell knows, but I bought it with english dialog last week for $8. This is why I have lost faith, 8 months to release an anime movie, which is already dubbed. But don't let people tell you it is because of encoding and makind dvd's. That is bull and we all know it. Right TheVileOne.

Last edited by Thanatos01s2 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luminal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I'll ever get tired of animes. I've watched them and loved them for over 20 years!

Luminal
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm not losing faith in anime. There are a lot of new shows that are coming out that seen very interesting. Plus, there are a lot of already released shows that I want to get.

It's not a matter of quanity, it's a matter of quality.

Just ask on this forum, people will be happy to direct you to really good anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6