• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
tonight's Naruto

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
wow... they're handling this fairly well for being on toonami. i wonder if this will scare children.

Last edited by v1cious on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Most little kids (mostly boys) like violence =D

What i'm concerned is that if it'll scare the parents.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
lets hope not, with Zabuza & Haku's realationship shown to,well what it can be shown. plus that had very VE-RY fair amount of blood. even it the manga, I whanna see the edits on that!, all in all... Sad it was totally WEEPful! *crys out* Haku!!!!
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I think that CN has finally turned over a new leaf and is letting their anime flow freely (that was pretty gay)
But seriously we've come a long ways from hearing the word "destroy" eight million times in replacement of kill and whatnot. I mean look at the Boondocks they most the've done is edit sh*t f*ck and blurred tha booobs and the gen-atalia. I think CN as a whole is really shaking off their standards

Last edited by camelot187757 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Someone deleted a post that showed why there's some confusion. There are moments where it looks like Haku has a bit of cleavage. Maybe he/she's transgendered.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Someone deleted a post that showed why there's some confusion. There are moments where it looks like Haku has a bit of cleavage. Maybe he/she's transgendered.
...uhh...cleavage? that was just the outline his breast(or...what? that is the Scientific word! both men and women have breast,..yet Women have 'BREASTS!' DUH! >.>
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quote
It was a fairly clean edit. They even left Sasuke's spikes in this time. The only noticable edits (without checking the original) were a few fram cuts, and the removal of some blood spray from the opponents Zabuza was fighting. Plenty of blood around though.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
I think that CN has finally turned over a new leaf and is letting their anime flow freely (that was pretty gay)
But seriously we've come a long ways from hearing the word "destroy" eight million times in replacement of kill and whatnot. I mean look at the Boondocks they most the've done is edit sh*t f*ck and blurred the booobs and the gen-atalia. I think CN as a whole is really shaking off their standards

I think that's because The Boondocks is on Adult Swim, not Toonami...

It is marketed for the mature audience, unlike Naruto, which would attract many younger viewers.

If Naruto was on Adult Swim it would be totally different, but Naruto fits better on Toonami
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote
shirokiryuu wrote:
camelot187757 wrote:
But seriously we've come a long ways from hearing the word "destroy" eight million times in replacement of kill and whatnot. I mean look at the Boondocks they most the've done is edit sh*t f*ck and blurred the booobs and the gen-atalia. I think CN as a whole is really shaking off their standards

It is marketed for the mature audience, unlike Naruto, which would attract many younger viewers.

If Naruto was on Adult Swim it would be totally different, but Naruto fits better on Toonami

For "younger audiences" I sure saw a lot of blood than i did when hakusho or any gundam was playin. IM happy though
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
shirokiryuu wrote:
camelot187757 wrote:

For "younger audiences" I sure saw a lot of blood than i did when hakusho or any gundam was playin. IM happy though

True, naruto is a sign that toonami is being more lenient on blood. But yyh was "Y-7" on toonami

I was surprised when i saw the uncuts... a drastic difference of blood...

same goes with rurouni kenshin... i've only seen the TV versions .. and when i saw the OAV's i was like .. this is a LOT more blood. But then i saw some uncuts of the end of the Kyoto arc.. and i was like O_o alright.. i guess it wasn't that far of a leap of blood
Animekid08.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I am surprised even now about how much has been left in. The Sexy jutsu thing I thought would be edited out in the first two episodes and now I saw that amazingly bloody episode. Zabuza killing Gato was just great in both normal and toonami standards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Animekid08. wrote:
The Sexy jutsu thing I thought would be edited out in the first two episodes and now I saw that amazingly bloody episode.

It would be a little awkward if they didn't show the sexy jutsu. Those who haven't read and/or seen Naruto would be confused as to what's making three grown men scream and jump back (without bloody noses).

As for the blood, I think the lack of edits made the scene much more...emotional. However, it was obvious the incredible amount of blood Haku would have spilled was going to be cut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1