• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Regon 2 DVDs or Region 1 shiped to Britan

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villhelmya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote
I love anime and i like collecting it to but i just cant find any decent online shops, besides play.com, which ship to the uk. if anybody knows some it will help me alot. Also does anybody know any anime figure shops? thanks
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quote
try amazon.co.uk.

I always buy anime from them and I have yet to be dissapointed with the service.

here

http://www.amazon.co.uk

just do a DVD search for anime titles, it gives both region 1 and ships them as well as region 2.[/url]
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Another one is United Publications. They mostly stock R1 imports but they also have some R2 as well. Also great for manga and other merchandice. Wink

Another one is MVM's own shop
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
If you want region 1 DVDs shipped to the UK then you can look at places like righstuf.com and dvdpacific.
If you want to avoid the import bit then there's www.otaku.co.uk and www.dc-dvd.net

For region 2 from Japan the best place for imports is www.cdjapan.co.jp since the site is in English, although I prefer using www.otaku.com since I'm less likely to be hit by customs.
Again, if you want to avoid importing altogether, use www.yesasia.com since, although the site is in Asia, they reship within the UK so handle all customs etc and offer free shipping. Just be warned that finding stuff can be hard since they don't always name things correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
logboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:08 am Reply with quote
you will be paying far more than is necessary, getting a smaller range of choice, and waiting longer for new stuff to come out if you buy UK DVDs from either play.com or amazon.co.uk or otaku.co.uk / .com... i would always suggest using a credit card insured against online fraud and importing from america : many UK buyers of R1 DVDs use dvdpacific.com - just try comparing all the elements, often R1s are half the price of R2, or at least a third cheaper...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote
logboy wrote:
you will be paying far more than is necessary, getting a smaller range of choice, and waiting longer for new stuff to come out if you buy UK DVDs from either play.com or amazon.co.uk or otaku.co.uk / .com... i would always suggest using a credit card insured against online fraud and importing from america : many UK buyers of R1 DVDs use dvdpacific.com - just try comparing all the elements, often R1s are half the price of R2, or at least a third cheaper...
The only thing that keeps a title out of the UK on R2 is how fast a license can be agreed to here. I know I can get a title quicker if I import it but I would rather support the UK market so more will be brought over. If that means I have to wait a few months more well I think I will live long enough to wait, God willing, and if I do die before then, well it won't matter to me anyway, will it? Wink
Urb'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
remember www.playusa.com (people forget this version) FMP boxset for £25
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1