• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What is your opinion about SD Gundam force

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wingfreedomstriker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:01 am Reply with quote
to all Gundam fans, what is your opinion about the Show SD Gundam force Question did you like the series? did you like how they designed the original gundams from the three series and their roles in the story?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:23 am Reply with quote
What about you? It's generally appreciated that when people start threads to discuss a show, they pitch in their own opinion to get things started rather than waiting for others to do it for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:31 am Reply with quote
Most people here think it is one of the worst animes ever created, ranking in at #4. Seriously look at all that red. I only saw half an episode of it. It seemed pretty cheesy to me. I do like cell shading though.
Kyle Smyth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I thought that it was the most useless piece of crap that I have ever seen. The character's were annoying and I feel that it robbed the Gundam legacy by making each gundam a "person" and losing the action and seriousness that Gundam series usually provide. I thought that it was watered down for kids to the point that it bastardized everything that I have known Gundam to be. Gundam should be for mature audiences because it is a story about war.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:41 pm Reply with quote
It was childish and annoying to me personally. I don't like the super deformed style either. I couldn't even sit through one episode before having to change the channel.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was terrible and was a shame to the SD Gundam name. I had familiarity with the SD Gundam shorts (which are actually very humorous if you're familiar with UC). I thought this would be the same, a little childish and wacky at face value but at the same time poking fun at the Gundam-verse. Instead what I got was a show with Gundam only in name and with mecha designs. I'm not a big fan of the "kid befriends popular character" storyline in the first place. The battles weren't even well done. Personally I found absolutley no merit in the show, even the homage mecha were poorly executed.
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:17 am Reply with quote
SD Gundam.

For a little while when I was getting into anime 15 years ago, I found the model kits cute, and the show childishly funny.

However back then, there was bugger all anime around and I was desperate. I don't have that problem any more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1