• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attn Canadians: FUNImation's site now Hulu-free.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
http://beta.funimation.com/one-piece/episode/here-comes-shanks-the-war-of-the-best-is-finally-over/sub

Looks like they're back to using their own player. Meaning we get all the shows they don't have on YouTube now. Good news if you want to watch Toriko or earlier eps One Piece [which apparently had a window of accessibility when it debuted while they were in he mostly hulu phase]. I have this ep streaming right now [haven't watrch One Piece in a good long while, though think I should be okay since I read the manga in SJumop]

Noticed it while checking out their P&S trailer.

The layout w/bigger movie screens is nice too.

edit- watched Princess Jellyfish ep 1- definitely getting the dvd's now, very charming show.

[EDIT: Uncapped your thread title to look un-fugly. -TK]

Last edited by Paploo on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, hella-friggin'-oolya. I was hoping the new site meant freedom from scum-suckin' no-playin'-in-Canada Hulu. So Funimation, now that I can be watching, I will be watching.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean we'll see One Piece in the UK from their site? No, I guess not.

Well, good for Canada. The enemy of my enemy is my friend no longer applies. Which means we'll go back to our old behavior when we used to make fun of you.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
:O !!!!!!

You mean....I can watch One Piece online, legally, when I run out of the DVD's? As in...Canada is no longer blocked?!

*faints from happiness overload*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
If nothing else, it can now be said that the majority of R1 viewers receive an equal share of Funimation's online bounties. It may come to be that the Canadian demand for fansubs of Funimation acquisitions will decline in accordance with the services now available there.

egoist wrote:
No, I guess not.

"You should be watching."

To which I am inclined to add:

"By fair means or foul."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
If nothing else, it can now be said that the majority of R1 viewers receive an equal share of Funimation's online bounties. It may come to be that the Canadian demand for fansubs of Funimation acquisitions will decline in accordance with the services now available there.

Most of the series were available to Canadians on their youtube account, though a lot of people just saw the hulu videos and didn't think to check on that.

edit- thanks for fixing the caps Smile I forgot about that. Was mostly excited as it's good news for friends of mine, and because it means no more "Buuuuut I'mmmmm innnn Cannnaaaaddda, so I have to watch fansubs of One Piece" [now Canadian One Piece fans can stop being lame! Yay!]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1