• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach Filler arc??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Okay I was just watching the fansub of Bleach episode 58 when I noticed something. The fansubbers group also put in that there is a rumour that Bleach is going to have a 22 episode Filler Arc after the Soul Society Arc. Can anyone confirm this information?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm guessing that these comments are put there in the version done by the group that is also (in)famous for pirate-subbing the now-licensed Naruto. I'm also guessing that it might just be a joke/reference to the same thing happening in Naruto. However, given that the anime is no more than 50 chapters behind the manga, the appearance of a filler arc/some (more) filler episodes wouldn't surprise me too much. I imagine that they could put in some convincing real-world school comedy/hollow-busting stories, or maybe a side mission in Soul Society after the conclusion of the current action. Now that you've piqued my curiosity, I'll DL the episode and check it out Twisted Evil

EDIT: Wow, that was quick. I'm suspecting that it's a joke, especially since they mention Naruto specifically. I generally don't watch that group's releases, but I've heard about these comments, and they're usually humorous in nature. We'll have to wait another 10-13 episodes and see for ourselves. I wouldn't lament if the anime ended after the SS arc, but for various reasons, that's probably not going to happen.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Considering that the manga has only recently finished the Soul Society Arc, the anime only has a few options:

A) Drag out every episode a la DBZ (but for this to work they would have to have already started this a while ago).

B) Put the series 'on hiatus' like Inu Yasha.

C) Stop the series as a TV series and continue as an OVA series like Hunter x Hunter.

D) Just stop the series with no continuation at all

E) Bring on the filler episodes

Since Bleach did well enough to warrant a better time slot and it just recently got a new opening, I would think they would want to keep it on the air for a while. There has been no information on what will happen after the Soul Society Arc, but it is highly likely that they will take the filler episode route. One can only hope they are better than the crap Naruto is getting.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
The two Bleach Filler episodes that thay have had have been really funny. That kind of filler I can handle.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Well to me they might do more flashback episodes to help explain things further. Like adding more back story to the captains and vice-captains as some of their stories are touched upon briefly but not completely. I would embrace these episodes gladly as I want to know more.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Well to me they might do more flashback episodes to help explain things further. Like adding more back story to the captains and vice-captains as some of their stories are touched upon briefly but not completely. I would embrace these episodes gladly as I want to know more.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90

It was a joke.

DB does alot of things like that in anime, lots of fansub groups put little jokes in the openings. an example would be in naruto the episode where kiba fights one of Orochimarus henchmen it says "animals WERE harmed in the making of this weeks naruto." and then makes a reference to someone as an inside joke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1