• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The most wall-bangingly obvious villains.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Was there ever a character whose appearance or personality just screamed "Hey, I'm evil," that it made you facepalm when they were trying to make it a surprising plot twist that they're villains?

Koichi Shido- High School of the Dead- I don't think this should count as a spoiler since it was revealed the second he was introduced, but how could nobody see that this guy was evil? He kicked a student into a hoard of zombies, and locked another out of the orgybus later. Were there no witnesses?

spoiler[Yuri Petrov]- Tiger and Bunny- Take one good look at this guy: http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/13/116431.jpg. Who was honestly surprised that this guy was spoiler[Lunatic]? Out of costume, he looks Elder Toguro from "Yu Yu Hakusho" if he were designed by Yoshitaka Amano. Not to mention that they have the same voice actors, and it's pretty much anime law that if two main characters have the same seiyu, they're connected in some way. Hell, they practically spoil it in spoiler[the second opening]. Halfway through, they just stopped trying to hide it because the audience probably figured it out by now.
EricJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
And even Lina Inverse on the first Slayers noticed, "If Rezo is the supposed to be the legendary Red Priest...why does he have an obvious villain name?" Wink
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:01 am Reply with quote
First thing first, I don't think spoiler[Yuri Petrov/Lunatic] from Tiger and Bunny is supposed to be a villain at all. In fact he can be seen as a good guy who does what other heroes are incapable of doing.

As for the topic at hand...spoiler[Kenmi] from Sacred Seven. Such an obvious villain that it really shouldn't need a spoiler tag if not for the forum rules.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1