• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
23-27 more Naruto fillers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
Not sure if this is true or not, but there is supposed to be another 23-27 filler episodes with Naruto. Anyone else hear anything about this?
BumWolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:20 am Reply with quote
Lord I hope not these fillers are starting make the dull American dub entertaining. I think we'll be starting to see Naruto jump the shark in Japan soon if they don't get on with the story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:24 am Reply with quote
Sounds about right.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quote
Once the dub gets to the fillers, Toonami should skip them and just have Viz release them on DVD.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Once the dub gets to the fillers, Toonami should skip them and just have Viz release them on DVD.
Wow, insider info for something that is years away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote
I don't think it will be all that bad, just as long as they don't have the same quality animation as the last episode. Not sure if anyone else noticed, but it felt extremely choppy and felt like they rushed drawing a lot of the characters. Rolling Eyes

I also remember reading on a different Naruto discussion that they use different studios for each episode. Now if that is true, could it be they used the crappiest studio to make some of these filler episodes? Cause I remember one of the main reasons that Naruto really appealed to me was because of the animation, and not always during fight scenes.
patch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:04 am Reply with quote
According to this blog they had a chance to ask a producer from Studio Pierot the question:

Quote:
"Naruto will grow in the series. This part... with spoiler[grown-up Naruto] will air Spring 2006 in Japan - there'll also be a new movie next summer. And we are currently working on a movie for Bleach."

Don't know how reliable this is, but take it as you will.
Shadow_Fox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:47 am Reply with quote
I don't like this one bit. The fillers are just terrible. You could have 100 monkeys with 100 typewriters and get better material than what these guys are putting out. The characters are flat and utterly unappealing and the plot is weak and half-baked. I think they should put more effort into the characters and plot. I realize they don't have much time to flesh out a compelling story, but come on, there is no excuse for this rubbish to be this bad. If they don't come out with something good, they might lose viewers and then lose money. That's what I fear for the series. If they lose their viewers, then the studio will run out of money and guess what, we won't be seeing the real story at all.

[No red. -Nagi]
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
They're doing filler until the source material, the manga, has been written enough to animate the main story again. The filler is so they don't lose viewers by taking it off the air altogether. The series will go somewhere, just not now.
Shadow_Fox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:33 am Reply with quote
Yes, I do realize that this is to keep the viewers, but if they really want to keep the viewers I think they oughta write better stuff. But then again people who only watch the anime have no idea what they're missing so it makes no difference whether it the story is good or not. If it's Naruto, they will lap it up no matter what.

[No red. -Nagi]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I've seen a lot of manga filler in my day, and so far Naruto's has been the best out there. I think that the characters are depicted accurately, and the story arcs so far has been fairly fun and interesting. Come on, Curry of Life? That's just priceless. The only sticking points to me is that the most recent villain's lips were odd looking and distracting, and that Mizuki's transformed body looked ridiculous.

While I'd love for them to get back on track with the manga asap, I realize that a rough estimation would give them only about 12-20 episodes of story to animate post-gap so far, and it'd be much harder to generate filler at that point, since the post-gap time period is so much less defined as pre-gap (they're only just reintroducing certain characters in the manga).

I'm slightly disapointed, but in a "Christmas isn't today" kind of way, not a "No Christmas this year" kind of way.
LxTrix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
According to this blog they had a chance to ask a producer from Studio Pierot the question:

Quote:
"Naruto will grow in the series. This part... with spoiler[grown-up Naruto] will air Spring 2006 in Japan - there'll also be a new movie next summer. And we are currently working on a movie for Bleach."

Don't know how reliable this is, but take it as you will.

I heard this as well from www.naruofan.com I have noticed my anticipation for each new episode has dropped since the filler episodes, maybe they should give the characters more motive then spoiler[to find Sosuke, becuase honestly they should let him die. And all Naruto says is i want to train and find him. They should put in more Gaara and the other two. ]
Shadow_Fox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really like the Curry of Life thing. I thought that was a bit corny. But I'm kinda interested in this spoiler[bounty hunter thing.] Episode 158 was a total waste of time.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quote
How much filler is in the anime? Cause from what I've read in the manga (which is the 2nd portion of the Chuunin Exam) the anime follows very closely. I think I can guess most of em but I'm still curious. As far as I can tell spoiler[The episodes after Tsunade becomes the 5th (namely the few one shot eps. and that 3-4 ep. arc about the race), I'm not sure about this one because of Kabuto but it's the bit about that Sasame chic and her brother, and then I'm assuming this whole bit about Mizuki and the Stupid Brothers is filler as well.]
Shadow_Fox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Yes, and after that bit spoiler[naruto and the gang go look for a bug called a Bikochuu(may have spelled that wrong) that searches for a certain scent its exposed to when it's born. They plan to use it to find Sasuke. But they get attacked by bug users from the Stone Village along the way. The gang finds the Bikochuu, but they fail to expose it to Sasuke's scent. Then after that it's the Curry of Life and funeral thing. I dont even remember what they were trying to do and I don't really care. Now it's the bounty hunter thing.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2