• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
IGPX - "Time to Shine"

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching the IGPX pilot (came free with my Nintendo Power magazine); and it was very impressive. Hailey Joel Osment and Michelle Rodriguiez were perfectly cast for the dub; and the race sequences in the beginning were animated up to par. The techno soundtrack fit the show perfectly. High hopes for this series.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if I really would consider it to be "dubbed" since there is no Japanese voice cast as of now. The English voices are kinda the original. Hmm, I may watch it. Are they gonna make anymore episodes or is this some kind of special thing?

Edit: Nevermind about the Japanese voice cast I was just looking at the (TV) of it I didn't see the (TV2)... but, uh, why didn't the first one have a Japanese cast?
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
And I just saw Mark Hamill in the mix too in the encyclopedia. Thats freakin awesome. I can't wait to hear these guys.
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Of coarse my subscribtion runs out right before they give you this DVD. ¬¬
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Because the Japanese VA cast hasn't been announced, does this mean in Japan when they finally are we can all go irrationally crazy saying the voices won't sound like the originals and post "OMGTHEYSUXIMHAXXNGZ"? Wink

Yeah, I finished my review of the series a week ago. I found out the two episodes I wrote my review on are the two episodes that will air this Saturday.
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I am kind of pissed that this is taking bobobo's time slot this Saturday, but it does look like a decent show. Reminds me of Zoids. I guess I can't have a Bobobo party this week with 15 odd people over watching it. Sad
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Super Ska Master wrote:
I am kind of pissed that this is taking bobobo's time slot this Saturday, but it does look like a decent show. Reminds me of Zoids. I guess I can't have a Bobobo party this week with 15 odd people over watching it. Sad

Laughing Your comment regarding Zoids is EXACTLY what I wrote in my review. It also slightly reminded me of a horrid anime that shall not be named, lest I be turned to stone. Just click this link.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I forgot to post up my review/preview of the series. Smile
xion_theunborn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see this, it looks so good that I have DVR sent to record it just incase I miss it. But I dout I miss it my friend will be over to remind me. But I heared that It is a short lived series just like S-cry-ed. and FLCL. Is this true?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:33 pm Reply with quote
S-CRY-ed isn't a short lived series, it has 26 episodes which is the regualar. As for IGPX, the new one is supposed to have 26 episodes too.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote
xion_theunborn wrote:
I can't wait to see this, it looks so good that I have DVR sent to record it just incase I miss it. But I dout I miss it my friend will be over to remind me. But I heared that It is a short lived series just like S-cry-ed. and FLCL. Is this true?

Actually if my understanding was correct it's two seasons of 13 episodes each. Also I was doing some checking and found this in the IGPX description . . .
Quote:
Comment:
IGPX is the first co-production between an American cable channel and a Japanese anime company.

Forgive my Japanese anime ignorance, but wasn't Big O a collaboration between Cartoon Network Messrs. Akins/DeMarco and Sunrise, thus making the comment wrong?
Kaneda2K31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty good, Production I.G. creates great shows. Very Happy
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
xion_theunborn wrote:

Actually if my understanding was correct it's two seasons of 13 episodes each.

Yeah, that's what I heard. When you look at it right now, there are 5 rival teams for them to race, and the first episode is an introduction, so that's 6 solid episodes right there, plus some plot. 13 episodes for a season makes a lot of sense.

The Frankman wrote:
Also I was doing some checking and found this in the IGPX description . . .
Quote:
Comment:
IGPX is the first co-production between an American cable channel and a Japanese anime company.

Forgive my Japanese anime ignorance, but wasn't Big O a collaboration between Cartoon Network Messrs. Akins/DeMarco and Sunrise, thus making the comment wrong?

I guess so, but maybe they're counting it as more of a continuation of the original series. Either way, it's at least the first Toonami original show.

I just watched the first episode on Toonami and I must say, I'm very impressed by the dubbing. It's also cool that they have Steven Jay Blum voicing the head guy of Team Velshtein (sp?). Smile
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
so far it suffers from Initial D syndrome: too much talking and too less racing.
ananda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Could someone tell me who the was VA for "River" (the blond guy) was?

I missed it in the End Credits.
Thanks
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3