• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
just made 100$ for anime night

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I have a dvd projecter and i can make it to theater size screen and qulity and i was watching ff7 advent children in theater screen mode and my freind said i should charge money for this so i did and i made 100$ to let people see ff7 advent children on a movie theater screen size in japanese to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedComet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
I have a dvd projecter and i can make it to theater size screen and qulity and i was watching ff7 advent children in theater screen mode and my freind said i should charge money for this so i did and i made 100$ to let people see ff7 advent children on a movie theater screen size in japanese to.

You know what you did was illegal I assume?

Obtaining it illegaly and I doubt you imported it and then...
Charging people to see it...
hikaru393

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote
it's the region 2 dvd and i never knew it was bad to charge people to see it since no one complaind that there was a japanese movie showing outside my house that was pretty loud.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Efan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
RedComet wrote:
hikaru393 wrote:

You know what you did was illegal I assume?

Obtaining it illegaly and I doubt you imported it and then...
Charging people to see it...

It was probly illeagle, but i mean come on people would pay to watch it in theaters anyway so the only people losing money are the big theater companies. And after all whos gunna arrest you the anime police?
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I think that is a great thing todo most people will have never seen any "quality" anime peroid. Getting it illegally, I dont care but dont charge people for it... I get most of my anime like that off of bittorent but I dont give it out under any circumstances even if they offer to pay me... Its just for me, so dont charge for the anime. More people would come to a free public show wouldent that be great... on a side note if you must do something charge for popcorn Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
it's like a bootleg in a sense
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
it's the region 2 dvd and i never knew it was bad to charge people to see it since no one complaind that there was a japanese movie showing outside my house that was pretty loud.

Everyone know you're a well known bootlegger buyer. What you bought was a bootleg, not a Region 2 DVD (which has no subtitle).
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Its illegal to charge but not illegal to have donation jar. Very Happy
hikaru393

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
i bought the region 2 dvd it can only be played in my japanese dvd player and has no subs.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Now that you've made $100, go buy yourself Hooked on Phonics and work on your grammar, hikaru393. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote
What the hell? Charging people to see a movie that you purchased has always been illegal. Why do you think they put warning messages at the begginning movies? You're lucky that you actually got away with this crap. That money should be donated to charity.

Last edited by Haru to Ashura on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
leave it to the elitists to piss on people's parade.

come on people, it was a good idea.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:47 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
leave it to the elitists to piss on people's parade.

come on people, it was a good idea.

Ripping off your friends is a good idea?

Right.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quote
he just said it was his friend's idea. i mean it's a good idea if you have the resources. if i had no means of watching it and i could see it in great quality on a big screen, i'd put down a couple bucks.
JTtheBrick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
If it was $1,000, that's another story.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3