• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Important lessons from Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nani?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote
This is a list but it is the kind of list meant for fun and enjoyment. It also teaches some very important lessons. But note that I have explainations or examples or give advice on each so this topic won't get locked.

Share your important lessons so we might learn from your wisdom.

1) Parenthood is deadly in Japan, especially for mothers. I cite Bleach, Cardcaptor Sakara as proof.

2) 15 is the median age for saving the world. I cite X, Eva, Bleech, RaXephon, Blue Seed.

3) Shrine Maidens are cute. I cite Arashi from X.

4) The Italian gov't is training little girls as cyborg assasins. I cite my little sister.

5) Your Dad's secret Anti-Angel organization can be kinda cool. I cite one winy brat.

6) Watch out though if your Mom has blue blood. I cite an example out of Narai Kanai.

7) Sincere feelings will melt the heart of anyone. Lots of Shoujo.

8) When you meet your rival, announce it loudly so that everyone will know.

9) If caught in a Yuu Watase plotline it is better not to have any siblings.......or friends. Kill all siblings in infancy and live in a cave to avoid making friends.

10) Chicks dig shy guys without any confidence whatsoever. I cite Love Hina.

11) Crossdressing is cool, especially at Anime Expo. I cite Otogi Zoshi and Cowboy Beebop.

12) Genuine Gender change is better. I cite Ranma, Cheeky Angel.

13) Saikano is the most permanent cure for depression. You will either realise your life isn't that bad or you will commit suicide. Either way, problem solved.

All the Best,

Nani?

Last edited by Nani? on Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
1) Parenthood is deadly in Japan, especially for mothers. I cite Bleach, Cardcaptor Sakara as proof.

You forgot Full Metal Alchemist.

Quote:
Shrine Maidens are cute. I cite Arashi from X.

You forgot about Rei from sailor moon.

And you forgot the most important lesson of them all

"You can do anything when you have a rag tag group of people who eventually become best friends."

Easily the most constant, and overused lesson in anime. I site One Piece, Naruto, Dragonball/Z/GT, Yu-Gi-Oh, (actually, anything from Shonen Jump)
Nani?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Quote:

You forgot Full Metal Alchemist.

Quote:
Shrine Maidens are cute. I cite Arashi from X.

You forgot about Rei from sailor moon.

Note, I'm just giving enough examples to blatantly avoid lockage.

All the Best,

Nani?
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
There are varioius Rules/Laws Of Anime things floating around. Like this one: http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm This could be the first widely known "Laws Of Anime" list. They have the history of it somewhere on that site. Newer fans may not get a lot of it because it draws on a lot of older stuff like Fist Of The North Star and Robotech/Macross.
Kisa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote
any colour can be used for hair and eyes e.g nadesico, gravitation, salior moon, elfen lied, fruits basket

Quote:
Parenthood is deadly in Japan, especially for mothers. I cite Bleach, Cardcaptor Sakara as proof.

also evangelion

Last edited by Kisa on Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
msi435

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
It doesn’t matter how many times you are shot, exploded, or beat up... unless you are cut by a sword, you should make a full recovery. I cite cowboy bebop. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
msi435 wrote:
It doesn’t matter how many times you are shot, exploded, or beat up... unless you are cut by a sword, you should make a full recovery. I cite cowboy bebop. Razz

Have you seen Bleach at all? You can't even die from double-powered-up swords there.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Anime has taught me that the Japanese pwn us Americans when it comes to animation, except for comedy. Rurouni Kenshin is hundreds of times cooler than that G.I. Joe kiddie garbage, but there's no way a show like Azumanga Daioh can top Family Guy.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:15 pm Reply with quote
[quote="one3rd"]
msi435 wrote:
It doesn’t matter how many times you are shot, exploded, or beat up... unless you are cut by a sword, you should make a full recovery. I cite cowboy bebop.

Really? Because spoiler[Spike dies at the end].
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
msi435 wrote:

Have you seen Bleach at all? You can't even die from double-powered-up swords there.

False argument. Zanpakutou aren't swords, they only look like that. And the injuries are not physical. Who's to say a spirit can't survive a massive injury with little or no recovery time?

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:18 am Reply with quote
An important lesson I learned while watching anime would be, that japanese people are very vulnerable to getting sick while staying up late studying. My example would have to be, spoiler[Koyuki in Beck when he can't decide if he should be in the band, or studying to become "something". They actually had to take him to the HOSPITAL!]
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote
You forgot about this one:

1) If you are black, you will die. It don't matter how (though it's probably going to be very painful), it don't matter when (though probably within 10 minutes of you first appearance), and it don't matter why (for no reason at all) . . . YOU'RE DEAD.

I cite Blood, The Last Vampire as one of many good reasons.
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
You forgot about this one:

1) If you are black, you will die. It don't matter how (though it's probably going to be very painful), it don't matter when (though probably within 10 minutes of you first appearance), and it don't matter why (for no reason at all) . . . YOU'RE DEAD.

I cite Blood, The Last Vampire as one of many good reasons.

Maschengo in Legend Of The Galactic Heroes survived almost until the last episode. And that's a really long series. Even the "hero" was killed off 25-30 episodes earlier.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
1. Girls are really scary when mad. I cite Love Hina , Evangelion, and pretty much any harem where the main guy gets the shit beaten out of him.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Maschengo in Legend Of The Galactic Heroes survived almost until the last episode. And that's a really long series. Even the "hero" was killed off 25-30 episodes earlier.

One of the key exceptions where you outlive the hero, which is kinda strange. But the fact still remains . . . YOU DIE. How did he die anyway? Slip on a banana peel? Walk into a sword?

I would've mentioned that black people always have afros and grow up knowing how to rap, but I noticed it's starting to get a little better. However, I will mention this:

2) You're also dead in another sense, because apparently in Japanese anime blacks (among other races) don't exist.

As you can see by this and some of my previous posts I'm very bitter about this. Mad

Last edited by The Frankman on Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2