• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whatever happened to....?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kouji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:31 am Reply with quote
Whatever happened to the Powerpuff Girls Z anime? It was announced earlier this year that Toei was going to be producing one and if I remember correctly, it was supposed to air on Japanese television during the summer of '05 and according to Wikipedia, it was supposed to debut on Cartoon Network in November '05, but why haven't we heard anything else about it? We did get several screenshots and two video clips from the show but that was it. We haven't seen anymore screencaps, anything about other new characters, no seiyuu information, and not even episode titles. And the way Wikipedia talks in a past tense when mentioning the release dates of the show makes me wonder if the show ever made it. Did the Powerpuff Girls Z anime ever make it to Japanese television, did the show's production fall through or something, or is it still in production?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm beginning to think, once again, that it was all a really, really, really elaborate April Fool's Day prank pulled off by Cartoon Network and whichever Japanese studio it was that produced the demo clips, convincing enough that it's still listed as an upcoming series on Internet anime databases in Japan.

You know, kinda like ADV's live-action Evangelion (even though that wasn't announced in April).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mugen The Great

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I'm beginning to think, once again, that it was all a really, really, really elaborate April Fool's Day prank pulled off by Cartoon Network and whichever Japanese studio it was that produced the demo clips, convincing enough that it's still listed as an upcoming series on Internet anime databases in Japan.

You know, kinda like ADV's live-action Evangelion (even though that wasn't announced in April).

But the EVA movie is intended to be made. It just won't be for at least the next 10 years.

The PPG Anime I think should be illegal discussion on this board until we get any real confirmation of it. There really is no point in having these threads if there's nothing to discuss.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1