• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Evangelion Edits

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animonkey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the edits list on this site, I see that neon genesis evangelion has more edits than more violent and sexual shows like cowboy bebop, beacause in cowboy bebop they edit out lots of violence, but there's more showing of cigarrettes and beer in evangelion, and they edit that out. Why does adult swim need to remove cigarettes. I thought the only people who did that were 4kids (in one episode of one piece they screwed up an edit, and you saw sanji lighting his cigarette, but the cigarette still was turned into a lollipop.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
animonkey wrote:
Looking at the edits list on this site, I see that neon genesis evangelion has more edits than more violent and sexual shows like cowboy bebop, beacause in cowboy bebop they edit out lots of violence, but there's more showing of cigarrettes and beer in evangelion, and they edit that out. Why does adult swim need to remove cigarettes. I thought the only people who did that were 4kids (in one episode of one piece they screwed up an edit, and you saw sanji lighting his cigarette, but the cigarette still was turned into a lollipop.

The editing done to Evangelion was done a few years ago, and I don't think ti was on Toonami. Evangelion will be reaired on Adult Swim and will be unedited for the first few episodes or so.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
and I don't think ti was on Toonami.

Actually, it was on Toonami. It was during a special programming week called Giant Robot Week. They aired the first two episodes of Evangelion, three random episodes of Nadesico (1, 5, & 25...yeah, I don't get it, either), a couple episodes of Dai Gard, some Robotech, and some Gigantor shorts during commercial breaks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:
and I don't think ti was on Toonami.

Actually, it was on Toonami. It was during a special programming week called Giant Robot Week. They aired the first two episodes of Evangelion, three random episodes of Nadesico (1, 5, & 25...yeah, I don't get it, either), a couple episodes of Dai Gard, some Robotech, and some Gigantor shorts during commercial breaks.

I meant Adult Swim sorryy, but I brained my confusion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1