• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What religion are you?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Since there's posts on peoples ages; fave anime/manga; when they got started into (when they first saw it) anime; I think this is an appropriate topic. BTW, Nagisa, please don't criticize me for this post.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote
So how does this relate to anime? Others have dealt with anime like what age they started on, favourite and least favourite but what does this have to do with anime? How does knowing what religion we belong to relate to anime?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm with Ichigok90 on this. What does our religion have to do with anything?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Thread reported! Mods to the rescue! This threads hours are numbered! Muhahahahahahahaha!

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Should give him sometime to explain what this has to do with anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Even if this person comes up with a way to relate this to anime it won't be that much of a discussion.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I mean there are posts asking people's ages. How exactly does that relate to anime? To answer your question, what people watch and read makes one ask what their religious beliefs (if any) affect their interests.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quote
If your refering to the age thing in the manga section, thats mainly used as an Introduction for those who prefer the manga forums to the anime ones.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Since there's posts on peoples ages; fave anime/manga; when they got started into (when they first saw it) anime; I think this is an appropriate topic. BTW, Nagisa, please don't criticize me for this post.
I not trying to sound snewty but is that really anybody's business.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, for one thing, as aforementioned, this has nothing to do with anime. Also, if people want to give out their info such as religion, this would have been done in one of the introduction threads, either in the manga forum or anime forum. Discussing religion without tying it into anime would result in an off topic discussion, and those are better for the chat room than the disucssion boards. Although the mods do let some semi off-topics pass, this will not be one of them.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
This has absolutely nothing to do with anime and I seriously doubt religious discussion is allowed here. This will only lead to conflict between members. Also, it's none of your business what religion we are. This topic should be locked immediately (I'm surprised it hasn't been yet).
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
This topic should be locked immediately (I'm surprised it hasn't been yet).

I know i've reported it twice but no response yet but here I go again. Reported.....yet again.

- IchigoK90
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:

I know i've reported it twice but no response yet but here I go again. Reported.....yet again.

- IchigoK90

Ya know, the mods may be out to dinner or something. Give them some time (time=mere minutes) before they lock this rather than filling up their inboxes with the same thing.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:

- IchigoK90

Ya know, the mods may be out to dinner or something. Give them some time (time=mere minutes) before they lock this rather than filling up their inboxes with the same thing.

Actually I reported it the first time about 6-7 hours ago.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
As I've stated elsewhere, backseat moderating—and to that end, openly bragging about warning a post and shouting "here come the mods lol"—only make my job a lot harder than simply flagging a post with zero fanfare and letting me or one of the other ANN staffers handle it. Please, I want to see this be the end of that shameless, self-serving behaviour.

NOW, regarding this thread. It has nothing to do with anime. This is the Anime Forum. As such, it is off-topic, and must be locked. Regarding "asking others' ages," as stated that was part of a much larger general introductions thread in the Manga forum, which is more to prevent us from getting hundreds of inane "lol hi im new" threads clogging up the place. Nevermind the fact that the subject of religion is very touchy. I actually remember a couple instances on ANN actually, where the discussion of religion turned...nasty, to put it nicely.

Locked. Though more for the actions of some of the people replying than for Ctimene's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1