• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime thats made you cry (come on own up)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
alright were all men here...and women what is it about anime and film that really touches our emotions. this is a pretty crazy topic that i just thought of and sorry if no one really wants to talk about there deep personal relationships they have with their anime , but i would still like to know which animes have brought you to tears?

i have a couple i would like to confess really not that this is a confession booth so i don’t want you people telling me your psychopathic thoughts. Anyway surprise surprise old space cowboy has put cowboy bebop (shock horror) actually it was weird how i came across the last episodes with bebop. i was watching a tv channel called Cnx and i caught the last episode of Cowboy bebop. i had no idea it was the last episode otherwise i wouldn’t have watched it. anyway i was watching it and i found it sooo emotional touching even though i had no previous knowledge of bebop and didn’t even know who Julia was i still managed to shed a tear at the end of the episode. Crying or Very sad

...wait there’s another...

yes its Escaflowne which i only finished watching a couple of days ago so yes i have cried in the last couple of days but im still a man grrr Rolling Eyes. no but seriously i found the whole love stories extremely personal and intriguing which is what lead me to tears basically. spoiler[it was the goodbye hitomi says to van i found tear jerking] it was so moving (if a little short) i just had to cry a little tear.

ok well there goes my manhood and any self respect i had for ... myself. how about you guys join in...we can all cry together Crying or Very sad

thanks
space
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much every episode of Giant Robo, and most of Now and Then, Here and There.

Giant Robo is infamous for all of those awesome, heoric sacrifices... and NTHT is just plain depressing.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
spacecowboy64, although I appreciate your enthusiasm, you could at least try to see if there's an already-established thread on a topic before you start a new one. Just do a Search or flip back through the past few weeks of threads.

This topic was covered pretty thoroughly in this thread, as were my thoughts on the issue. Granted, the last post was four weeks ago, but it's recent enough that I don't think another major new thread on the topic is warranted yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wibble128

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Samurai X Reflections made me cry like a baby. It wasn't the fact that sad stuff happened...it was the manor in which it went down. Completely depressing, but I will love Kenshin for ever.
AceRyonik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm not what you would call... in touch with my emotions, but Millenium Actress got me pretty choked up.
KyoKun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
There as yet to be an anime that has made me shed a tear.

However Fruits Basket, brings me close to it sometimes, -__- I'm such a nerd.

Another, was when my spoiler[greedy-kins died ]in FMA
Akira112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote
In Chrono Crusade epiode 24 when spoiler[the clock stopped]
Cowboy Bebop episode 26
spoiler[Spikes death]

Rurouni Kenshin Reflectionsspoiler[Those bastards who made this OVA made the crapiest ending ever.]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
spacecowboy64, although I appreciate your enthusiasm, you could at least try to see if there's an already-established thread on a topic before you start a new one. Just do a Search or flip back through the past few weeks of threads.

Completely agree you start a new thread everyday that has been cover multiple times, try seaching.
Here is my post from the above stated thread.
I don't believe that I have actually had tears roll down my face or anything to that extreme effect, but then again I haven't watch many anime of that nature like voice of a distant star.

there were many series and movies that when I watch them I was extremely sad and upset about what was going on in each show.

Here are the four that come to mind as I was reading through some of the post.
Full Metal Alchemist spoiler[[Maes Hughes death, and although it not the little girl that initially gets to me, it's Roy Mustang. In what might be the most powerful line delievered in the entire series. Starring at a cloudless sky, to Hawkeye "It's going to rain today." That got me extremely sad and thank goodness the ending music kicks which is more upbeat or I might have lost it.]
Gundam Wing spoiler[Trieize's death always gets to me no matter how many times I watch even though I know Wufei is going react and stab him with the beam trident. I will always be upset about it. leave me alone I am G-Wing fan]
Jin Roh spoiler[The ending of movies is so damn sad it hurts, and it mostly because of watching the facial reaction as the music built and then finally the hammer falls and she is lost. I can't believe no said this yet.]
Gundam Seed spoiler[Mu La Flaga death in the final epsiodes of this series. This out of all the show I have seen really tried to pull the tears out. Something in the way he delievers that last line "I am man who makes the impossible, possible" or perhaps it that Flaga and the captain had just got together before the battle began. I am not sure but whatever it is I will certainly miss ya Mu Crying or Very sad]
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Yes. Please refer to the thread that Key posted. I suppose no one will be against it being revived, right? If someone does revive it, DO NOT report the post that does so. Thank you.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1