• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are there One Piece Series DVD's out there ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:52 am Reply with quote
Hello, I just started watching One Piece, which I got from this store who sold the first few eps in english on VCD. They were original too, but they don't have more than the first 50 eps in English yet, and I fear that they probably won't for a long time to come. So I wouldn't mind getting most of the series on DVD in Japanese with subs instead. Problem is, I can't find a place that actually sells One Piece, and I don't know how many eps it spans, all I know is that it may be over 300. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to find this series on DVD? Also, I want the store to be an online one, preferabely one that ships internationally. Thanks.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:29 am Reply with quote
If you're looking for DVDs with Japanese and English subtitles or in English, you're out of luck for now.

However, the R2 DVDs are available, but without subtitles, and on September 27th, 4Kids will begin releasing their edited version of One Piece on DVD.

I, too, aim for the day when I can own One Piece on unedited bilingual (or even just Japanese) R1 DVD, but that day is definitely not within our reaches for now.

There are 244 aired episodes right now, and it's still going. It's hard to say just how long it will go. Forever being the easiest answer.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:59 am Reply with quote
Whatever you do, do not buy the R1 DVDs because 4Kids licensed it, and you know how they like butchering anime.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Uncut, subtitled One Piece does not exist at the moment. Your best bet is getting the uncut, UNsubtitled Japanese DVDs.

Locked for posting the same topic in two separate places. Please don't do that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1