• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Girls Bravo" Manga — Good?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apple pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:11 pm Reply with quote
"Girls Bravo" Manga — Good?

It sounds like something i would like but is it enough to distinguish itself from other harem manga?

is it charming or loveable? the art sure looks good.
Gauss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote
99% of the time manga based on anime are worse than the original show. The art may look pretty but they never manage to make the story as interesting as in the anime. From what I've seen Girls Bravo is no exception.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Gauss wrote:
99% of the time manga based on anime are worse than the original show. The art may look pretty but they never manage to make the story as interesting as in the anime. From what I've seen Girls Bravo is no exception.

I disagree. I picked up Girls Bravo 1 at Otakon and found it to be enjoyable.

Full Disclosure: I haven't seen the anime so I cant compare the two
apple pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote
does it have that certain "spark" or "quality" when you finish it that makes you want to read more?

does it have moments in it where it surprises you?

ALSO, so this entire manga is based off a original anime? i usually dont buy something based off other stuff (unless it's manga — anime) but i would make an exception if this thing was that damn good
freshkazuki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Actually, on the cover of the Girls Bravo manga, it says "The Manga That Inspired the Hit Anime!". Just bought it today so I don't know if it's any good yet.
Gauss

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:18 am Reply with quote
freshkazuki wrote:
Actually, on the cover of the Girls Bravo manga, it says "The Manga That Inspired the Hit Anime!". Just bought it today so I don't know if it's any good yet.

Ah, it seems you are right. ANN doesn't list the tankoubon release dates but it does seem the manga came first. Still, I didn't find the manga that appealing.
apple pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:59 am Reply with quote
cool, please give us your review when you're done! Laughing
apple pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
i decided since there is so much conflicting opinions, i better just read it at the store.

here is my opinion:

Art = awesome
Story = nonsensical
Charm factor = very little

this should follow in the slapstick "comedy" manga rather than "harem manga". it does not work much as a harem manga because it's soooo far fetched.

i would say to somebody interested in this book to read it first or check out the preview in tokyopop.com.
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Gauss wrote:
freshkazuki wrote:

Ah, it seems you are right. ANN doesn't list the tankoubon release dates but it does seem the manga came first. Still, I didn't find the manga that appealing.

But still it contradict your original statement of "99% of the time....." So is it 98% now?

The anime was reviewed here, and it got a D for story which tells me the manga probalby isnt' that good either.

Hey Apple, if you want something with fantstic art, a charming adventure story with a little bit of romance mix in, try Qwan from Tokyopop. It's better than mediocre titles coming out nowadays
apple pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:39 pm Reply with quote
thanks, i'll give it peek.

i just want to say anything about Girls Bravo: the art looked great but the art from storytelling standpoint was not good. i got lost and did not understand some stuff by the awkward panels and stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1