• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: AniplexChannel.com is the New Channel for Fans to Access their Favorite Aniplex Shows in One Pla

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Rofl, it doesn't even work. Then again, what else can you expect from Aniplex. Laughing
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Signed up but now nothing works lol. Good idea though...since most people can't afford to buy most of these anime due to high prices. "Remember me" also not working Neutral
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Calibrator wrote:
Rofl, it doesn't even work. Then again, what else can you expect from Aniplex. Laughing

Everything Aniplex does is shit just because you hate its prices.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Once they've got the bugs worked out, this sounds like a very good idea. My only concern is I really like to use CR as my legit streaming site of choice, so I hope this doesn't mean that CR won't be getting any more Aniplex titles in the future (like the currently airing Oreimo 2, for example).
Calibrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Calibrator wrote:

Everything Aniplex does is shit just because you hate its prices.

And everything Aniplex does is super awesome just because of a blind fanboy's devotion, amirite?
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Once they've got the bugs worked out, this sounds like a very good idea. My only concern is I really like to use CR as my legit streaming site of choice, so I hope this doesn't mean that CR won't be getting any more Aniplex titles in the future (like the currently airing Oreimo 2, for example).

Since the PR says it's powered by Hulu, it looks to be more like a portal for people to check out all the streaming AoA shows on Hulu (like vizanime) since not all AoA shows are available on there (for example OreImo2 or Oreshura from last season)
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Good luck with that.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Since the PR says it's powered by Hulu, it looks to be more like a portal for people to check out all the streaming AoA shows on Hulu (like vizanime) since not all AoA shows are available on there (for example OreImo2 or Oreshura from last season)

Except now that they have a dedicated channel, it seems odd to me that they wouldn't offer EVERY THING that AoA has on it. It really makes no sense to have such a channel and yet have some shows that are only available through CR, for example.
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
superdry wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Except now that they have a dedicated channel, it seems odd to me that they wouldn't offer EVERY THING that AoA has on it. It really makes no sense to have such a channel and yet have some shows that are only available through CR, for example.

Right. I find it odd too. Maybe in the future, AoA will have more of their simulcasts stream on both Hulu and CR?

But, it's not bad for their catalogue titles though since now it's all in one place to access.
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Lately AoA has used a shotgun approach with simulcasting. Most of their titles are on Hulu, Crunchyroll, and even Crackle. It sounds to me like they want to add a source of ad revenue with minimal investment in infrastructure, since they will be streaming Hulu feeds.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Lately AoA has used a shotgun approach with simulcasting. Most of their titles are on Hulu, Crunchyroll, and even Crackle. It sounds to me like they want to add a source of ad revenue with minimal investment in infrastructure, since they will be streaming Hulu feeds.

Crunchyroll has 200,000+ subscribers, Aniplex is not going to dump Crunchyroll now if they were consistently streaming on Crunchyroll when it had 50,000 subscribers.

If you have a site that embeds Hulu streams of your content, you get more money than you do directly at Hulu's site. Combine that with the opportunity to market directly to that audience, and its in Aniplex's interests to get its Hulu audience streaming off of their own site.
SexyLexy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
There doesn't seem any difference between their channel & what they have on Hulu. In fact it looks exactly the same except the fact for those HuluPlus subscription payers like myself I can watch them on my flat panel tvs thru my Roku2 & blu ray dvd players.

Choice between watching them on a 40" & 32 " TV or my 17.1" laptop is no contest.

Also their catalog of anime to purchase redirects you to rightstuf.

So what is the benefits to becoming a member, using the Aniplex channel over Hulu or crunchyroll which have channels thru streaming media devices so you can watch on your TV or just going to rightstuf to purchase your anime?

Unless they are going to have exclusive AniplexChannel content only why use it over other methods such as Hulu & Crunchyroll or go directly to rightstuf. I don't buy too many Aniplex DVDs since they expect us to pay Japanese prices. I have way too many other titles I want to purchase which I can get at reasonable prices.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1