• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OutLaw Star anyone??

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FullMetal52
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I've been surfing through the forums to see if anyone has said anything about Outlaw Star...and so far i have found nothing...I know there have to be fans out there so people speak up!!! Use this forum for OUTLAW STAR!!!!!
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quote
What is there to talk about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Er...this isn't a forum; this is a single thread.

Outlaw Star is good. That's about all there is to say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kawaii_Tsuki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote
wow i use to watch that when it use to be on Cartoon Network. It's been a while now ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:20 am Reply with quote
FullMetal52 wrote:
I've been surfing through the forums to see if anyone has said anything about Outlaw Star...and so far i have found nothing...I know there have to be fans out there so people speak up!!! Use this forum for OUTLAW STAR!!!!!

"anyone watch Outlaw Star??"
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:24 am Reply with quote
Kawaii_Tsuki wrote:
wow i use to watch that when it use to be on Cartoon Network. It's been a while now ^^;

'twas butchered when it aired. Poor Episode 23...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:19 pm Reply with quote
The series was good on CN but ten times better when I bought the collection on DVD, edit free.
JustinSane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
The series was good on CN but ten times better when I bought the collection on DVD, edit free.

Same here, best $50 I've ever spent on amazon.
FullMetal52
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
srry...my bad its called a thread...and i'm glad people remember the show and like it! Buying the box set was the best money i ever spen too!! I originally saw it on CN and liked it but once you watch the dvd there is no comparison...and for the guy who spent $50? when did you get it? must have been a while ago cause i bought my set on amazon and it was only like $10-$12...and now that i looked at amazon the set i have costs like $30...lucky me i guess Smile !!
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
If you spent #10-12 ON IT IT'S PROBALLY A BOOTLEG. Srry bout the caps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Masterspartan243

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Nah. I dont think its a bootleg. I've seen some dvds for other animes go for real cheap prices (10$+). I hope their not bootleg though....
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
coolerimmortal wrote:
'twas butchered when it aired. Poor Episode 23...

You know, how would YOU edit it? Every single aspect of the show was fanservice. The whole PLOT was Fanservice! I know it had important stuff like spoiler[the origin of the caster shells and their side effects of the most powerful ones] but I'm now sure it can even be aired today on [as]. And if it was I'd be like a 12 minute episode.
JustinSane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
FullMetal52 wrote:
srry...my bad its called a thread...and i'm glad people remember the show and like it! Buying the box set was the best money i ever spen too!! I originally saw it on CN and liked it but once you watch the dvd there is no comparison...and for the guy who spent $50? when did you get it? must have been a while ago cause i bought my set on amazon and it was only like $10-$12...and now that i looked at amazon the set i have costs like $30...lucky me i guess Smile !!

You must have gotten a good deal for $30. I bought the box set about 2 years ago so it's possible that the price went down.
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote
FullMetal52 wrote:
and for the guy who spent $50? when did you get it? must have been a while ago cause i bought my set on amazon and it was only like $10-$12...and now that i looked at amazon the set i have costs like $30...lucky me i guess Smile !!

Masterspartan243 wrote:
Nah. I don't think its a bootleg. I've seen some dvds for other animes go for real cheap prices (10$+). I hope their not bootleg though....

Single DVDs maybe, but not the entire series. You can always trust that Amazon stocks only the legitimate releases. Their "Marketplace," however, is a different story. More or less anyone can sign up, for a fee, and sell stuff through their marketplace. Much like eBay, the Marketplace is littered with bootleg anime DVDs that can range from $10-30 for entire ~26 episode series, usually on three discs. See also the "Spotting Bootlegs" thread.
Masterspartan243

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Your right. And now I'm aware of bootlegs! You've changed my life. J/K.
Anyways Outlaw star was a great anime. But the ending is... kinda lacking. You don't find out enough stuff in the characters story or past. They only mention it and they don't detail it. But I haven't seen the series in a long time so I might be wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3