• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Scene or Speech

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Trigun- spoiler[When The priests is about to die and he makes this speech ], it touches me everytime i watch that episode
mitora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLord wrote:
Trigun- spoiler[When The priests is about to die and he makes this speech ], it touches me everytime i watch that episode

I cry every time I see that ep. of Trigun... Crying or Very sad

I also cry every time I see the last scene of Cowboy Bebop where spoiler[Spike says "Bang," and dies] Sad So sad...
carnivalcreepa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Chris' speech to Shadow] in Sonic X, or in Comic Party where spoiler[Taishi makes a speech about a muffin ruling the world.]
Dagwood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote
In Berserk, I can't quite remember the exact episode, but it's the part where Griffith is talking to the princess near the fountain. Guts had just spoiler[assassinated the king's brother for plotting and attempting to kill Griffith.] I enjoy Griffith's whole speech to the princess, but in it’s last part he says
Quote:
They are my able soldiers it's true, dedicated comrades who've sacrificed themselves for my dream so that it might be real, but that does not make them friends. In my mind, a true friend never relies on another’s dream. The man who would be my friend, must have his own reason for living beyond me. He should put his heart and his soul into protecting his dream. He should never hesitate to defend it, even against me. For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all respects."
It's one of my favorite scenes (for the speech) in the series. I also got one of my favorite quotes from an episode preview from Berserk.
Quote:
Separation, it is unavoidable for those who decide to fallow their own path. Invaluable people and countless dreams; leaving such things behind can either mean happiness or sorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quote
There's Sailor Moon's speech at the end of the first season, where spoiler[after defeating Beryl, she uses up all her energy and dies, but wishes for a normal life with all the hassles and annoyances that she suffered in the past.]

In Fushigi Yuugi, episode 52, Nakago makes a speech on spoiler[how the weak are always defeated by the strong, after choosing not to dodge a punch from Tamahome. The flashbacks make it bittersweet.] Maybe I'll post more later.
Magic Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:03 am Reply with quote
One of my favorite scenes is when you see the Earth near the very end of Gunbuster ep. 6.

As for a speech, I'm pretty fond of the answer Chris gives Alfred in Gundam 0080 ep. 5 concerning the virtues of fighting versus running away. What she said was reasonable, but it seemed like she was trying to justify to herself her actions and their aftermath in the preceding episode. Or so I interpreted it.
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:43 am Reply with quote
"If you don't back off, I'll have no choice but to use this Gundam's ultra-powerful, super-secret Weapon!"
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:17 am Reply with quote
Well lets get right to shall we?

Full Metal Alchemist Eps 1 "those who challenge the sun"

There are two parts of this eps that I think really made me stick with this show all the way through, first off.
Edward speaking to Rose discussing the necessary items to build an average adult, right down to the last specks in your eyelashes. And it's not that part but what he (Edward) says after that really makes you think. "And even though science has given us the entire physical breakdown, there's never been a successful attempt at bringing a human to like. All of those ingredients can be bought on a child's allowance. Humans can be built on the cheap there's no magic to it."
My initial response to this piece was somewhat shock by what had been said and also part of an acceptance of this prinicipal. At that time in my life I was turning away from faith and everything Edward said really made sense, so it really hit home I guess.

Later in the eps Edward once more with really powerful tone in his/her voice (ENG DUB and Japanese DUB both are very amazing) as he delievers these lines. "This is what happens when you try to bring a human to life. When you cross into God's territory or whatever the hell it is. Is this what you want?! LOOK!!
Very very moving are these lines said at the end of eps 1 and introduces the "Full Metal" alchemist. But more so it ask of Rose and ourself to look at the destruction brought on by this single act, and simply stated "Is this what you want?!" Is this trully the life we want?

Moving on to my favorite Speech as most of you know I was brought into anime by Gundam Wing, at it still is my root and I know where I came from. Lets get straight to it, the famous loser speech by Treize Kushrenada. For those of you who had not heard it, I must say that it beautiful. This speech deals with life as a warrior and way warrior live their lives. Here a small sample from that speech
"I do think that fighting in battles can at times be beautiful, but at the same time I'd like to express my regret over the lost souls be appealing to you to recognize how priceless man's life is."

Delta Kiral

P.S. "I'm telling you..... I want to be a 'loser'."

Edit: Also I also just remember that FMA spoiler[Where Major Hughes dies is a quite gripping eps, and the little girl saying "Daddy has lot of work to do" I think that for me it has to Roy Mustang looking into a cloudless sky and saying "It's going to rain today." Now if that doesn't kill you inside then you are a robot.]
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:53 am Reply with quote
Aokage wrote:
It isn't really a speech, but the lyrics to Dokuro Chan's opening are the best lyrics I have ever heard for an opening theme song.

I think the funnyest damn ending theme I ever heard was in a Hentai Called SexFriend just something about a cute bubblyish jpop song that starts out with the singer going "hey wanna have sex"

esspecly because on the OST theres a live version I crack up just imagining what that would have been like at the concert "HEY WANNA HAVE SEX"
must have had security up the wazoo to keep the roving mobs of Otaku away. lol.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1