• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Madlax question (possible spoilers)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zork

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:59 am Reply with quote
Does Elenore end up dying? I was under the impression that she does and that her death was caused somehow by Madlax.

But the latest issue (July) of Newtype magazine has a section on Madlax, and in the Elenore character description it says Margaret leaves Elenore and travels to a place where Elenore cannot follow, implying that Elenore lives.

I know this seems like a trivial question, but I really like the character of Elenore. It just doesn't seem right that she should die after making a promise to her dying grandfather that she would protect Margaret "forever" and after devoting her life watching over her Crying or Very sad

If she does die, I hope it is not done gratuitously for "shock value" Mad If so, I highly doubt I will buy anymore volumes of Madlax.

Feel free to tell me any spoilers.
kacper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:24 am Reply with quote
I don't think anyone should answer questions about characters dying or not especially in series like this. Wink

I think that if you liked the show so far, you should definitely continue watching. (I'm assuming you haven't seen the show in full yet.)
Zork

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:47 am Reply with quote
kacper wrote:
I don't think anyone should answer questions about characters dying or not especially in series like this. Wink

I think that if you liked the show so far, you should definitely continue watching. (I'm assuming you haven't seen the show in full yet.)

I don't mind knowing what happens next. I actually enjoy a movie, book or TV better when I do know. Like I said in my original post: I like the character Elenore. I don't want her to succumb to some gratuitous death for "shock" value or for some other reason. If she does, I doubt I will buy any more volumes.

Buy I can guess from your evasive non-answer that she does die.
kacper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:38 am Reply with quote
or you could just read the reply to your question in the other madlax topic -_-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1